forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Release Date..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WidgetCoder
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: A Release Date.. Reply with quote

Does the "V" in v6.0 stand for VAPORware? Wink

Absolutely no disrespect intended towards the folks at CR and certainly none directed at Mr. Moss since he is the individual solely tasked with fulfilling some high expectations. I don't know why but I've made a weekly ritual of checking the VDS site for updates beginning back in April following the newsletter's announcement of the new version. I'm beginning to feel like a dejected child who has just learned that Christmas has been postponed for yet another year.

I'm guessing that most of the delay issues are a result of Borland's less than mediocre release of Delphi 2005. I know my $460 for the upgrade and $300 for support has bought me nothing but problems. I highly recommend to any users of previous Delphi versions to wait the latest certainly isn't the greatest.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Exclamation
Serge
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to tread softly on this one as a few years ago now, there was a problem, from memory, with information being released about the then up-coming version and people's feedback/reaction

the powers that be then decided to never release any information until the version was released ... fortunately, we were all very well behaved when version 5 was to come out and we were given tantalising information prior to its release

we need to maintain this 'well behaved' attitude or we will not know anything until version 6 is out

i understand your position and i sympathise but please be patient ... i am sure that jules is working as hard as he can on the project and these things do take time to make sure that they are bug free

hope you understand

serge

Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for my outward lack of patients, thank you for taking time to put things into perspective for me. I hadn't really considered all of the possible outcomes of my whining. Oh well my enthusiasm has always gotten the better of me from v2.2 on. Stupid
Serge
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a problem and thank you for understanding Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

serge

Admin Team

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WidgetCoder,
Information pertaining to the upcomming v6.0 of VDS is posted at www.dialogscript.com Registered Users area. As with the past version only features have been posted. No prices or release dates as it should be.

Give VDS a new purpose!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WidgetCoder
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I just checked it looks like the same info from back in May well exept the date at the top now reads "October 2005". Which I guess is a good indication that someone is keeping the page updated and that there just isn't any new news to report.
PGWARE
Web Host

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly recommend to any users of previous Delphi versions to wait the latest certainly isn't the greatest.

I'm waiting for Borland to add in 64 bit compliation, then I'll upgrade my copy of Delphi 7.
WidgetCoder
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wise Advice Exclamation

I tend to waste cash by always maintaining the most current versions something my wife is always quick to point out. I can usually win the discussion by comparing my software to her clothing purchases. Wink
WidgetCoder
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Belated Anniversary Reply with quote

I just realized that last month was the One Year anniversary of Commercial Research’s April 2005 newsletter announcing that work had begun on Version 6.0.

I wonder if it’s too late to send flowers at this point. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Wish List All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: