forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Math DLL for higher mathmatics.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Other Product Support/Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Can you use a Math DLL for Higher Mathmatics?
Very much needed.
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Somewhat needed.
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
Not needed in a scripting language like VDS.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Math DLL for higher mathmatics. Reply with quote

Hi All,
I am in need of higher mathmatics but before I go through the trouble of making a DLL and/or DSU I was wandering if anyone else would be interested? The reason for making this a different stand alone extention to VDS is the because my GadgetX.dll is growing and this subject does not really fit into the idea for that DLL.

I do have few ideas for this new product but was not sure if others would go for it.

1. 128bit integers.
  2. Quadratic floating point math with quadfloats having 104 significant digits.

All basic operations for both of the numeric types (i.e. ... add, subtract, multiply, divide) would be included.
For the integers bitwise operations (i.e. ... and, or, xor, not, shift left, shift right) plus a few others.
For the floating point math all the basics above plus common floating point arithmetic (i.e. ... sin, asin, hyperbolic asin, cosin, tan, atan, sqrt, logarithms, raise to the power of, floor, ciel, random, ratios, rounding). Well you get the picture there are a ton of math functions in C that I think would be nice to add to VDS. So vote and let me know what ya think Smile

Give VDS a new purpose!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Serge
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd like to vote 'not needed at the moment'

serge

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could really use a way to do a particular function. The following is code in xBase/Clipper:

nPayment*((1-(1+nMonthRate)^(-nNumPmts))/nMonthRate)

It is part of a function to figure A.P.R. (annual percentage rate) for fee-based loans. Currently, my VDS program shells out to a small Clipper app for figuring it. Being able to do the calculation in VDS would be a big help. VDS can't do the exponent in the calculation.

vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwfv wrote:
I could really use a way to do a particular function. The following is code in xBase/Clipper:

nPayment*((1-(1+nMonthRate)^(-nNumPmts))/nMonthRate)

It is part of a function to figure A.P.R. (annual percentage rate) for fee-based loans. Currently, my VDS program shells out to a small Clipper app for figuring it. Being able to do the calculation in VDS would be a big help. VDS can't do the exponent in the calculation.

This calculation is already doable with my GadgetX.dll. I will let everyone know when it is ready. I am actually thinking more statistical and scientific calculations which require really really small fractions or really really big whole numbers. After your last post about this subject I decided to make sure that Gadget had everything need to raise one value to the power of another. It's such a simple thing that I couldn't believe that VDS does not have a native @pow function Confused

Give VDS a new purpose!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jwfv
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great -

I know you've been asked this a lot, but any estimate on the release of the new Gadget? I for one am anxiously awaiting it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Other Product Support/Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: