forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I paid in full SAGE, so whats the scoop???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vtol
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: I paid in full SAGE, so whats the scoop??? Reply with quote

I been getting virus's and keylogger trojans for a long time since buying VDS5 and it seems nothing can stop it.
Today I tracked down this one that has basically lived on my system for about a year or more, whats going on, I paid SAGE and have dont nothing with my VDS5 to rip SAGE off. Shame (on you)

Heres what i found below:

Anyone have an answer Question
SnarlingSheep
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm.. VDS is owned by 'SADE' not 'SAGE'?
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually VDS is no longer owned by SADE. It is now owned by Commercial Research (i.e. ... CR). Where exactly did you purchase your copy of VDS 5 vtol? If you did not get it from www.dialogscript.com then you did not buy it from Commercial Research. This is highly unusual Question

Give VDS a new purpose!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vtol,
I did some checking on this and I have found that Smarte Solutions is a digital content protection company. They deal in protecting CDR content and they work with Sony to protect their digital content. Take a look at these websites.

http://www.emedialive.com/Articles/ReadArticle.aspx?CategoryID=23&ArticleID=7794

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News/Details.aspx?NewsId=8218

BTW I would be careful using any Sony product on your PC because of this article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Sony_CD_copy_protection_controversy

I don't know if Sony has changed since this happened last year but I for one will not use their products.

Give VDS a new purpose!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PGWARE
Web Host

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony settled a class action lawsuit regarding the rootkits placed on computers and no longer bundle along this content protection software.
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prakash,
They should be forced to pay to have their rootkit removed from those PC's that they infected. If they had just built a uninstall that actually removed their software I think they would have been ok but since they were being shady about it they should be required to fix what they did. There is like about 4 or 5 pages on Sysinternals website trying to explain how to remove Sony's software and even after all that you still don't know for sure that you actually removed all of it Sad

Anyway
Vtol,
It's sad but if I was you I would format that PC of yours and reinstall everything from scratch. It is the only true way to get rid of a Rootkit if that is what you have. The only reason that I say this is because you keep posting about these types of issues I have noticed. When you reload your PC becareful and know exactly where and what you are installing.

Too everyone if you did not download VDS 5.x from www.dialogscript.com then you do not have a genuine copy of VDS 5.x.

Give VDS a new purpose!
vtol
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah,
I was afraid of that.. Thanks for all that INFO.

I guess I'm good at making a fool out of myself, the German in me makes me seem drunken and confused when I get at a certain madness level. Embarassed

The maddness that taunted me and pushed my button, was that I'm a christian and tresspassing of anykind(trojan backdoors) is very offensive to me, and when I get in that maddness mode, I don't even care if I get hurt in all of the maddness.

I'm just so appreciative that this is the best forum in the world, and you all are so overly honest and helpful.

Now I have to figure out which software or and hardware product that I payed for and registered before I restore my fresh partition image file Wink

My DVD recorder is made by Plextor, I have Nero6 and Roxio buring software.

oops, I just found the box that is probably the aggressor:
SONY SoundForge (Audio Studio)
crap!!!!! Thats my favorite sound editor (grrrr) Crying or Very sad
Its also only a year old amd cost me 70 bucks.
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vtol,
I was not trying to point my fingers at Sony but in your previous posts when I did the searches for these software names they all led back to Sony. If I were you I would contact Sony and see if there is a upgrade for SoundForge before you give them the axe. I would still suggest you reload your PC though since you seem to be infected. Also I would suggest you put up a firewall and get you some good Anti-Virus software.
Your questions are no bother at all. You will find that here at VDSWorld we don't care who, what, or where you come from. We are just here to help our fellow VDS users and to promote & protect the VDS language because we enjoy the language that much.

Give VDS a new purpose!
vtol
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
I was just glad to find out it was not someone trying to steel my bum identy or my loser VDS codes Laughing

But I guess nowdays you cant edit a wav file without someone key logging
and snapping photos of everything you do Mad

Worse yet, you can feel the lag everytime you get a keylogger, thats like steeling your horsepower also, its just said that no one is really free anymore, even if your honest and pay(the evil seems to increase).

Anyways, my maddness is axeless now, feel a bit better, thanks to your information, thanks again... Cool
* I'll contact SoundForge and talk soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: