forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OCX Support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Advanced Wish List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cnodnarb
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:07 pm    Post subject: OCX Support Reply with quote

Some third party languages I have seen have limited OCX support, such as Rapid-Q and Envelop. They did a lousy job with it, but it's there (I wouldn't consider using these languages, because of various issues).

I think it would be GREAT if VDS had ocx support (w/o having to custom tailor the ocx files to be VDS specific, otherwise just add them to the runtime).

Especially considering I know how to make OCX files in VB, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make a VB DLL compatible in VDS, not only that I'm not good at making DLL's to where I am very good with OCX.

Alternatively, if one of is clever enough there may be a way to use VDSELM.DLL to control a web browser with a embedded ocx in HTML....getting the return value would be difficult.

NodNarb
marty
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im currently testing a DLL that im doing, that mainly is a Webbrowser element but with some little features such as:

- Blocking of drag n drop of files on the webbrowser control
- No right click on the web browser control
- And the basic browser functionnalities
- And other nice little tweaks for IE Browsers.

Anyway, I started doing this DLL for me initilally but Ill release it to the VDS community as shareware. My idea was to run ActiveX controls within that webbrowser control without worrying that the user drops a file on the webbrowser control or right clicks on it like its possible with VDSELM.

I will look if theres a way to receive info from the webbrowser/ActiveX control...

I have done some things in the past with VDSELM and ActiveX Control. The VDS app would create the HTML code according to the users input and then I would send it to the Browser control. Javascript functions where sent to the control via VDS, like javascript:open for example.. Anyway Ill have an example with my future DLL . I need to add the tweaks features first.

Me too Im in favor of using ActiveX control within VDS! Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
ActiveX support is now a reality for VDS Wink Take a look at my website for demos using GadgetX.dll

Have Fun Wink

Give VDS a new purpose!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Advanced Wish List All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: