forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creating VDS Extensions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> General Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trapper
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Creating VDS Extensions Reply with quote

Does anyone know if it is possible to create VDS extensions using the free Turbo Delphi application (http://www.turboexplorer.com/delphi)?
PGWARE
Web Host

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you can. You can try to downloads one of my more simple extensions on this site and compile the included source code using turbo delphi.

However the turbo editions do not allow you to add new components into Delphi. So you won't be able to extend delphi with the many 3rd party components. Many of my extensions use 3rd party components.
WidgetCoder
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would strongly recommend either using D7 or buying D2007. The freebie Turbo Explorer version uses the notoriously buggy D2006 IDE. I upgraded from D7 to D2006 only to go back to using D7. I recently upgraded to D2007 and think they have finally gotten the bugs workout so much so that I finally dusted D7 off my system.

BTW: If you're looking for an good freebie check out Microsoft's Visual 2008 Express Editions, I've been playing with the C++ version and I can't believe they're giving it away free!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> General Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: