forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hook APIs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Advanced Help for VDS 5 & Up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you could check out the following links.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/
http://www.codeguru.com/
http://www.codeproject.com/

But really this website is only Visual DialogScript and I don't think we have any members that know how to use Microsoft Visual C++ here.

Also IMHO I think C++ is way to complex of a language. Most things you do in C++ I can do with Visual DialogScript. Take a look at it at http://www.dialogscript.com and get producing solid applications very quickly. It is easier than Visual Basic and if you combine it with my GadgetX.dll you can do anything that Visual C++ can do.

To top it all off Visual Dialogscript and my Dll are a lot cheaper than Visual C++.

Give VDS a new purpose!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
K.O.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: thenks . Reply with quote

My problem is that I have to supply to my boss, a solution in c++, that will support cross platform (unix/linux/mac/win/firefox/mozila/IE...).
and he will not agree to by another software (we have some partnerships that requiere progrmming with MSVC.)

If you can help me to make easy porting from your software to MSVC , It can help me to use it for my research and port it to c++ at delivery.

vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K.O.,
My DLL that makes it possible to do this in VDS is hand written C code. I don't use any third party software. Basically it took me 3 years and counting to write a working ActiveX control container with the ability to process events. To top it all off the likely hood that you would be able to get this ActiveX control to work under Unix, Linux, MAC is even less since to my knowledge Microsoft does not support ActiveX controls under those platforms and I don't think that Wine has matured enough to make this work. Also I seriously doubt that this will work under Mozilla. What your boss has tasked you with is very unreasonable and probably is impossible in my life time. I do know that Terminal Services are possible under Linux and probably under MAC however those platforms do not use the ActiveX control from Microsoft and their clients go directly to the Terminal Server protocol level and do not have a nice interface like the Microsoft ActiveX control.
Anyway I can't translate what I don't know... I don't know C++... It is a huge mis-conception that people have that believe that if one knows C that they know C++ but sorry I am a pure C programmer and have very little knowledge of C++. Maybe someone else would have the knowledge that you seek but I sure don't.

K.O. your just at the wrong website...

Give VDS a new purpose!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
K.O.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: c code is also good!!! Reply with quote

do you have a MSVC6.0 demo (with .dsw) source to support it?

I have all the requiered knowledge to warp it with c++ class, and a static library. my problem is only to integrate the IMSRdpEvent COM interface in a MSVC6.0 project statically so it will be compiled into the executable and lib files. I dont know how to expose the MSRDPDClient_OnDisconnected event to my c\c++ sorce code for programtic cherurgical operations.

(I have also found that ReactOS implemented a substitutional RDPClient code but I didn't succed to integrate ,only the RDPClient portion of thire Operating system in an MSVC6.0 (.DSW) demo project.)

any help will be appriciated. I am eager and keen to learn how to integrate a complex COM lib/dll in my c\c++ sorces, relying on the
IID s of the objects and implementations.
thank's again

K.O.

vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: c code is also good!!! Reply with quote

K.O. wrote:
do you have a MSVC6.0 demo (with .dsw) source to support it?

No I do not use MSVC at all. I use LCCWin32 only. LCCWin32 is an implementation of the LCC C compiler for Windows. It is not C++ so there are no classes and it is not even object oriented.

K.O. wrote:

I have all the requiered knowledge to warp it with c++ class, and a static library. my problem is only to integrate the IMSRdpEvent COM interface in a MSVC6.0 project statically so it will be compiled into the executable and lib files. I dont know how to expose the MSRDPDClient_OnDisconnected event to my c\c++ sorce code for programtic cherurgical operations.

You have to build an IDispatch interface that matches the IMsTscAxEvents Interface IID {336D5562-EFA8-482E-8CB3-C5C0FC7A7DB6}. After that you have to connect to the connection point on the activeX control passing your IDispatch interface to the control to use. My suggestion is to look up Connection point containers on MSDN to learn how they work. Also there should be source code samples that come with Visual C++ for all of this. Beyond this I cannot help you since I do sell this DLL for money so I cannot provide you with my source code.

K.O. wrote:

(I have also found that ReactOS implemented a substitutional RDPClient code but I didn't succed to integrate ,only the RDPClient portion of thire Operating system in an MSVC6.0 (.DSW) demo project.)

Yeah I have looked at this OS as well and have thought about writing code for it but could not get it to boot Sad

K.O. wrote:
any help will be appriciated. I am eager and keen to learn how to integrate a complex COM lib/dll in my c\c++ sorces, relying on the
IID s of the objects and implementations.
thank's again

K.O.

I cannot help much more than this. The main question is have you ever did any kind of ActiveX control containment in a Visual C++ application. Have you embedded ActiveX controls in any language? If not you should work on building a simple ActiveX client and then move into more advanced stuff like events and automation.

Still this website is not a C++ resource please PM me on any future questions but honestly you need to find a user group or forum that is a C++ forum there are tons of them out there just Google for them and join. So this will be my last response in this thread and/or any thread at this website pertaining to C or C++. This is a VDS only website.

Give VDS a new purpose!
K.O.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Thanks, your reply is most appriciated. Reply with quote

I understand your commercial interrest ( I have also some atthics with respect to my employee). any way you halped me allot thanks.

K.O.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Advanced Help for VDS 5 & Up All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: