forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SeaJay portable application launcher
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Other Product Support/Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LiquidCode
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: SeaJay portable application launcher Reply with quote

I think this is ready for beta testing if anyone wants to give it a go. There is no help file yet so you'll just have to play around with it. Just download the file SeaJay.exe and put it in the root of your portable device and run it. There are also portable applications packaged for SeaJay also available to download on the Portable Application page of the site.

Install a portable application: While SeaJay is running click on the Config button (the button on the far right) and choose Install Application and browse for a .SJI file (SeaJay Installer) file.

http://cgs.vdsworld.com

Let me know what you think.
----------------------------------
[VERSION UPDATES]

Version 1.4.x.x : A lot to this version as well. I removed the gradient customization and made SeaJay skinable! Added hotkey support. SeaJay is now moveable. SeaJay can now check online for new version of SeaJay and of installed SeaJay install packages. SeaJay Extension manager can now have multi programs assigned to an extension. If an extension has more than one program assigned, you get a popup menu so you can choose which program to open.

Version 1.3.0.3 : A lot has been done on this version. I added an option to remove items from the list (for Garrett ), Changed the menus around (may change again), added the ability to customize the gradient color (in options dialog), and last added a new backup feature.

Version 1.2.0.15 : Fixed error in InstallApp [Hopefully Smile]

Version 1.2.0.12 : Fixed errors in InstallApp and SeaJay Extension Manager (SEM) and changed it to say SeaJay v[version] insted of the username. May change this back, but for now it's easier to see what version you (I) am using.

Version 1.2.0.1 : Added a search box. This allows you to real time search the app list. Very helpful for a lot of apps.

Version 1.1.0.1 : If you downloaded a previous version please update to the new version. You will also need to update any .SJI packages. Please visit the site for more info.

Last edited by LiquidCode on Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:06 am; edited 6 times in total
Garrett
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far so good. Works wonderfully here on a 4 Gig MicroDrive. Just a brief run through I noticed only one minor thing. On the settings window, Settings tab, the check box labeled "Close running programs on eje".. that's all I get because the width of the check box cuts off the rest of the text.

I love how it fades in and out too.. Sweet, good job! Smile

This is much better than my old Port'Launch hands down.

Ya made me proud Chris.. ya made me proud Wink

Now you need to make some portable apps to go with it like I was.. Port'Clock, Port'Weather, Port'RSS and a few other programs that I was going to add to go along with Port'Launch, so I can hand down my powers to you :p

BTW, I'm going to do a lot more testing on this soon. Oh, can you add an exclude feature? The one app I had on that drive already had an uninstall.exe with it and I want to exclude it from showing up on the list.

Dr. Dread
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there!

I just had a go at this one. Looks really nice and handy.
When trying to install an app I get "Run time error 37 at line 59" though.

Greetz
Dread

String.DLL * advanced string processing
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anyway to move the dialog?

Give VDS a new purpose!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I click on the SeaJay Extension Manager I get "Runtime Error 9 at line 31" I don't have any extensions installed yet and I am running Windows XP Pro SP3 here.

Give VDS a new purpose!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok when I try to install an application by selecting the Notepad++Portable_4.5.sji file I get "Run time error 37 at line 59".

Give VDS a new purpose!
LiquidCode
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Thanks for testing. I'm going to get to the errors ASAP and hopefully have a new version up in a little. Glad to see you like it.

I fixed the errors and uploaded a new version 1.2.0.12. Please go to http://cgs.vdsworld.com to download the new version and try it. @Garrett, I'll get to the exclude part in a few days.

Dr. Dread
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still get the same runtime error from the Install App menu.
Also when invoking Options there a "missing vdsrun60.dll" error.

Greetz
Dread

String.DLL * advanced string processing
LiquidCode
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh! Thanks Dread! Ok, I think it's good now.
Garrett
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 1.2.0.15

I downloaded Notepad++, 7-Zip and Format Factory. Installed Notepad++ first, then 7-Zip, then went to install Format Factory... The SeaJay App Installer says I'm about to install 7-Zip again, so I cancel, I get the dialog about setup not complete, I click yes to exit the install and get the following error: Error 17 at Line 163.

Next.. I let the install go ahead even though it says it's 7-Zip, but it is installing Format Factory. during the progress bar session, I click cancel, and no error.

BTW, no matter how many times I try to install Format Factory and cancel, it's still be shown as 7-Zip....

After the install of Format Factory, both 7-Zip and Format Factory do not show up in the menu now. 7-Zip was there, but was removed from the menu.

Exiting your program and running it again does not resolve this either. Format Factory still shows up as 7-Zip in the installer dialog.

Downloaded a few more and all went well. I believe the Format Factory install data was copied from 7-Zip.

And that's it for now from me. Don't forget to adjust the width of the check box I noted above.

LiquidCode
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Update to 1.3.0.3. See first post for more info! Smile I also added 3 more portable applications! IcoFX, FoxIT PDF reader and MediaPlayer Classic
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Working its working Laughing Great Job Chris...

Give VDS a new purpose!
Garrett
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 1.3.0.3

So far everything seems to be good to go. The only thing I came across so far that is unexplained though is when I click on the "My Pictures" button, Windows says it can't find the folder, but it's there.

Folder located at: H:\Documents\My Picutres
Windows says: H:\Documents\My Pictures

So yeah, I don't get that one. Could be just another Vista brain fart.

I see you resolved the 7-Zip/Format Factory thing too. Smile

vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am getting the issue with the Pictures folder not working in XP so Garrett it is not just a Vista thing.

Update: I found the problem... The program is trying to launch the \Documents\My Pictures folder however it created \Documents\My Picutres ....

Give VDS a new purpose!
LiquidCode
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I fixed that now. It will be in the next version. I needed to put @chr(34) around the paths. There is another big update coming again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Other Product Support/Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: