forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First advanced app?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Advanced VDS 6 Source Code
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeoTrail
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: First advanced app? Reply with quote

Code:

TITLE Advanced App?
  DIALOG CREATE,Advanced App? I think NOT!,-1,0,306,168,NOMIN,NOSYS,ONTOP,XPMENUS
REM *** Modified by Dialog Designer on 17.11.2009 - 21:11 ***
  DIALOG ADD,GROUP,GROUP1,8,8,288,144,User info
  DIALOG ADD,TEXT,TEXT1,32,24,,,Your name:
  DIALOG ADD,EDIT,NAME,32,104,176,20
  DIALOG ADD,RADIO,SEX,64,24,120,80,Your sex,Male|Female|Yes please,Male
  DIALOG ADD,TEXT,TEXT2,72,160,,,Age:
  DIALOG ADD,SPIN,AGE,64,208,72,24,,33
  DIALOG ADD,BUTTON,OK,112,200,80,32,Ok,,DEFAULT
  DIALOG ADD,BUTTON,EXIT,112,152,48,32,Exit
  DIALOG SHOW

:Evloop
  WAIT EVENT
  GOTO @EVENT()

:OKBUTTON
  IF @EQUAL(@DLGTEXT(SEX),Male)
     %%Text = Your name is Mr. @DLGTEXT(NAME) and@CHR(13)you are @DLGTEXT(AGE) years old.
  ELSIF @EQUAL(@DLGTEXT(SEX),Female)
     %%Text = Your name is Ms. @DLGTEXT(NAME) and@CHR(13)you are @DLGTEXT(AGE) years old.
  ELSE
     %%Text = "Sure thing "@DLGTEXT(NAME)", but"@CHR(13)"at the age of "@DLGTEXT(AGE)" you should be able"@CHR(13)"to take care of that yourself!"
  END
  INFO %%Text
  GOTO Evloop

:EXITBUTTON
  :CLOSE
  EXIT

Oh, btw, what's going on with VDS? Is the future dead? Does anyone have any news about VDS???

Moderator Team

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: First advanced app? Reply with quote

GeoTrail wrote:
Oh, btw, what's going on with VDS? Is the future dead? Does anyone have any news about VDS???

* crickets *

* tumbleweeds *

* decayed ruins *

Hiya GeoTrail! Long time no see!

We're on the verge of the "VDS 7" rollout to coincide with the "Windows 7" rollout. We're having a party here to celebrate the events.
I'M KIDDING@!!!! LOL!!!

In fact, the Mayan calendar specifically stated that VDS would be dead by the year 2012, but I believe they were off a few years.

As far as I know, we haven't seen or heard from Emmanuel or Commercial Research in years now. I fear that VDS 6 was the last of it's kind. Sad

Other than that, there are still some dedicated users frequenting the forums trying to help out with any problems might drop by the forums with, but even questions from users are far and few now. Sad

I even attempted to resurrect the "Word Association" thread, but it died out quickly too.

But I just can't seem to dump VDS from my arsenal. I keep coming back to it for those quick and dirty jobs that I don't want to spend months on in any other language. So VDS is still alive and kicking for me and will be until a version of Windows comes out that completely kills the ability to use VDS on it.

GeoTrail
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is such a freakin' shame.
I too still use VDS to write a small app really really fast.
Right now I'm creating a small app for my 6 year old son who is learning math.

I personally think Commercial R. killed VDS with the pricing.
Have you seen the pricing on their site? Price: $499.00 for the "ultimate edition". Well, off course, you get "3 free sessions of Premium Level Support", oh and printable pdf manual. What a shame.

I think they should "give" away the whole source to someone who can actually keep it alive, and not only that, make money from it in the long run, not just for 3 months as they did.

I am actually very pissed of at how CR absolutely destroyed this great tool.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Advanced VDS 6 Source Code All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: