forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best industry-standard programming language for GUI?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FreezingFire
Admin Team

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Best industry-standard programming language for GUI? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

So I've recently become pretty fluent in Java but I'm looking for something
object oriented that I can build GUI-based programs in, which can't be
easily decompiled by end users.

What are my best bets? I know a lot of more advanced people here use Delphi.

Any thoughts?

- FF

PGWARE
Web Host

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look into delphi, but also most of the industry is moving towards c#/.net . C# is very similar to delphi with syntax and structure of the langauge, many of the devs that created and worked on Delphi where hired by Microsoft to make c#.
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another option is the D programming language by Digital Mars
The language is very similar to Java however it compiles to native code so it would be very dificult to decompile. There is a library that is a port of the Java SWT classes that will allow you to build GUI based applications. Also there are several other GUI libraries as well. There are D compilers that target Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, and Mac OS/X available. I have also built VDS DLL's using D and I can post an example if you need it. PGWare is correct in that a lot of the industry is moving to C#/.NET however I would say that is only ture for Windows. Also C#/.NET is not the most secure language since Microsoft provided the ability to disassemble the code and even with obfustators there is no guarantee that someone cannot retrieve your code. With that said I would say that pretty much no code is unretrievable if someone really wants it they will find a way to get it. Your best bet for security is to use a compiler that compiles to native code.

Incidentally I am porting my GadgetX.dll to the D programming language and will prob. use this language for my other projects going forward when needed. Wink

Give VDS a new purpose!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FreezingFire
Admin Team

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I'll be looking into those options.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: