forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great editor with VDS syntax highlighting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bornsoft
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Great editor with VDS syntax highlighting Reply with quote

hi,

if someone is looking for an additional vds-editor with syntax highlighting - here is a great one:

http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net

it's called notepad++, has incredible features, supports many programming languages (of course
interface languages as well), and it's freeware.

there are loads of plugins (e.g. hexedit) for it and also it can run external programs, so it should
be possible by automating the vds-ide to run your scripts directly.

i made the syntax highlighting for vds, i dont know how to append a file to this post, so here it is:

(copy this code, save it to userDefineLang.xml and put it into notepad++ directory.
then in the program choose VDS from the language-menu. )

Code:

<NotepadPlus>
    <UserLang name="VDS" ext="dsc">
        <Settings>
            <Global caseIgnored="yes" />
            <TreatAsSymbol comment="no" commentLine="no" />
            <Prefix words1="no" words2="yes" words3="yes" words4="yes" />
        </Settings>
        <KeywordLists>
            <Keywords name="Delimiters">@&quot;0(&quot;0</Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Folder+">#+</Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Folder-">#-</Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Operators">) , @ =</Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Comment">1 1 2 2 0rem 0#</Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Words1">treeview&#x0D;&#x0A;BEEP&#x0D;&#x0A;BINFILE&#x0D;&#x0A;BITMAP&#x0D;&#x0A;BROWSER&#x0D;&#x0A;CLIPBOARD&#x0D;&#x0A;CONSOLE&#x0D;&#x0A;COMM&#x0D;&#x0A;DDE&#x0D;&#x0A;DIALOG&#x0D;&#x0A;DIRECTORY&#x0D;&#x0A;ELSE&#x0D;&#x0A;ELSIF&#x0D;&#x0A;END&#x0D;&#x0A;ERROR&#x0D;&#x0A;EXIT&#x0D;&#x0A;EXITWIN&#x0D;&#x0A;EXTERNAL&#x0D;&#x0A;FREELIB&#x0D;&#x0A;FILE&#x0D;&#x0A;FONT&#x0D;&#x0A;GOSUB&#x0D;&#x0A;GOTO&#x0D;&#x0A;HOTKEY&#x0D;&#x0A;HTMLHELP&#x0D;&#x0A;ICOTOBMP&#x0D;&#x0A;IF&#x0D;&#x0A;IMAGE&#x0D;&#x0A;INFO&#x0D;&#x0A;INIFILE&#x0D;&#x0A;KILLTASK&#x0D;&#x0A;LINK&#x0D;&#x0A;LIST&#x0D;&#x0A;LOADLIB&#x0D;&#x0A;OPTION&#x0D;&#x0A;PARSE&#x0D;&#x0A;PLAY&#x0D;&#x0A;RANDOM&#x0D;&#x0A;REGISTRY&#x0D;&#x0A;REPEAT&#x0D;&#x0A;RUN&#x0D;&#x0A;RUNH&#x0D;&#x0A;RUNM&#x0D;&#x0A;RUNZ&#x0D;&#x0A;SEEKFILE&#x0D;&#x0A;SHELL&#x0D;&#x0A;SHIFT&#x0D;&#x0A;STOP&#x0D;&#x0A;TASKBAR&#x0D;&#x0A;TIMER&#x0D;&#x0A;TITLE&#x0D;&#x0A;TRACE&#x0D;&#x0A;UNTIL&#x0D;&#x0A;WAIT&#x0D;&#x0A;WEND&#x0D;&#x0A;WARN&#x0D;&#x0A;WHILE&#x0D;&#x0A;WINDOW&#x0D;&#x0A;WINHELP&#x0D;&#x0A;WRITE&#x0D;&#x0A;WRITE&#x0D;&#x0A;WRITELINE&#x0D;&#x0A;XMLDOC</Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Words2">$</Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Words3">% #INCLUDE #DEFINE #RESOURCE</Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Words4">:</Keywords>
        </KeywordLists>
        <Styles>
            <WordsStyle name="DEFAULT" styleID="11" fgColor="0000FF" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="Courier New" fontStyle="0" />
            <WordsStyle name="FOLDEROPEN" styleID="12" fgColor="000000" bgColor="FFFFAA" fontName="Courier New" fontStyle="1" />
            <WordsStyle name="FOLDERCLOSE" styleID="13" fgColor="000000" bgColor="FFFFAA" fontName="Courier New" fontStyle="1" />
            <WordsStyle name="KEYWORD1" styleID="5" fgColor="000000" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="Courier New" fontStyle="1" fontSize="10" />
            <WordsStyle name="KEYWORD2" styleID="6" fgColor="FF00FF" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="Courier New" fontStyle="0" />
            <WordsStyle name="KEYWORD3" styleID="7" fgColor="FF0000" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="Courier New" fontStyle="0" fontSize="10" />
            <WordsStyle name="KEYWORD4" styleID="8" fgColor="000080" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="Courier New" fontStyle="1" fontSize="10" />
            <WordsStyle name="COMMENT" styleID="1" fgColor="000000" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="" fontStyle="0" />
            <WordsStyle name="COMMENT LINE" styleID="2" fgColor="000000" bgColor="D7FFD7" fontName="Courier New" fontStyle="0" fontSize="10" />
            <WordsStyle name="NUMBER" styleID="4" fgColor="FF00FF" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="Courier New" fontStyle="0" fontSize="10" />
            <WordsStyle name="OPERATOR" styleID="10" fgColor="000000" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="Courier New" fontStyle="1" fontSize="10" />
            <WordsStyle name="DELIMINER1" styleID="14" fgColor="000000" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="Courier New" fontStyle="1" fontSize="10" />
            <WordsStyle name="DELIMINER2" styleID="15" fgColor="0000FF" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="Courier New" fontStyle="0" fontSize="10" />
            <WordsStyle name="DELIMINER3" styleID="16" fgColor="000000" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="" fontStyle="0" />
        </Styles>
    </UserLang>
</NotepadPlus>

use #+ and #- for code-folding.

i hope you can enjoy like me.

marcus[/b]
PGWARE
Web Host

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not tried it yet, but thanks for putting in the hard work and making this!!
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you like the VDS IDE? What features would you like it to have? Personally I don't really see the point of using a editor when you have access to an IDE that has been built to specifically support the language. I have used Notepad++ in the past but only when the Language I was using did not come with an IDE. Needless to say I don't use those languages any more. Also there are parts of the VDS IDE that is not that easy to automate like the project management parts. It's not impossible but would take more than just a few lines of code to write.

Give VDS a new purpose!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bornsoft
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey,

@vdsalchemist

this doesn't mean that i don't like the vds ide at all. but for some rasons i wanna have an additional editor.
For example if i copy parts from one project to another. any file i open in the ide gets automatically added to the current
project an is opened with it next time.
and i like the folding feature in notepad++ very much, also that thin lines are drawn for if/end and repeat/until.

greetz

marcus
arcray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does't work for me! All I get at the end of the Language menu is 'User Defined' but clicking on it does not change anything. Not sure what is wrong. I have followed your instructions and had a look at the sourceforge forums, but no luck.

andrewrcgray.com
Garrett
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works for me.

I think he may have been incorrect in the location where the file you save needs to be. Do not put it in the program directory, put it in the appdata directory for for the program, such as on Windows 7, the path would be:

C:\Users\UserNameHere\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\userDefineLang.xml

arcray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yes. That works.

Only the following buggers up the display:-

Where you want to add a comma between two address portions:

Code:
%%Address = %%Address1", "%%Address2

upsets the colour of all the subsequent code as it sees the comma as a code delimiter rather than just part of the text (as it should be within "apostrophes")

andrewrcgray.com
bornsoft
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@garrett

I'm still working on XP, so I can't say, but I'd be really annoyed, if an open source software would save its config files unasked on my system drive.

The program doesn't need to be installed and runs out of an unzipped directory, so I wonder how the config files get there.

greetings
Garrett
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bornsoft wrote:
@garrett

I'm still working on XP, so I can't say, but I'd be really annoyed, if an open source software would save its config files unasked on my system drive.

The program doesn't need to be installed and runs out of an unzipped directory, so I wonder how the config files get there.

greetings

I used the installer version of it, so it installed all the config files into that directory.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Resources All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: