forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ideal for VDS Browser Element

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cnodnarb
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Ideal for VDS Browser Element Reply with quote

I have an ideal that would rely on setting HTML elements to absolute positions, my new scroll pane DSU, grabbing the size of the web Vert Scroll bar...

Basically create VDS elements in special VDSHTML documents and flow them into a scroll pane on top of a webbrowser according to text file specifications.

My question isn't really feasibility, it's viability.

If I create such a solution would it be worth vastly more than simply putting elements atop a web browser control?

Actually too with negative positioning couldn't I just simply reflow my VDS controls up and down with the browser scrollbar?

Any thoughts?

[edit1]
Impossible (to my knowledge, haven't checked javascript though) to grab value of browser scrollbar. Looks like scrollpanels would have to be used.

[edit2]
Possible via javascript, but the return of the variable is too slow. Causes a chop factor that isn't acceptable. Would use Dynpos methodology with Scrollpane instead.
LiquidCode
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would this be like creating a new type of GUI for VDS using a web element?
Me and my little mind may not be understanding. LOL Very Happy

cnodnarb
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. You would be able to design your entire interface in HTML, then float VDS elements on top afterwards. Would require proper use of absolute positioning. I actually have a lot less complicated way to accomplish the same effect though...but it's not as dynamic. I'm not sure if it's worth proceeding. I'll probably do it anyway ;p
cnodnarb
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proof of concept. Final version would use scrollpanel dsu instead of browser scrollbar.

http://www.vdsworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=36354
cnodnarb
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This ideal has transformed and evolved.

Currently it's been changed so something I call the Visual Web Application (VWA) Web protocol, which is compatible with all Windows 32 bit executables. I'm not sure if the system will be written in Visual DialogScript, but it may, and it is being prototyped in Visual DialogScript.

The protocol will contain any free to distribute runtimes I can find for various languages and preset graphics. (Think java, only it's just for Windows) OR/AND the proxy may do detection checks according to a link parameter and send the user to download them from distribution sites as needed (tricky legal stuff involved).

It relies on obtaining a signature (which is still in the beta stage) and exporting your application to a hex file, then uploading to the internet. Your application has a method of communicating with the protocol proxy application (vwaprox.exe). The proxy checks your signature, then allows your code to process compile and run with parameter specifications.

Links will look like this.

vwa://nodnarbsoftware.20m.com/myvwa.html?author=brandon-cunningham?launch=myvwa?url=http://nodnarbsoftware.20m.com/index.html?language=visual-dialogscript

The URL parameter points back to the page, which is expected to have <vwa></vwa> tags to read additional parameters back to the application (that developers have to handle themselves).

So that's why I've been quiet a little longer than usual lately Wink

The protocol is very near ready for a prototype test, anyone want to check it out when it's ready?
LiquidCode
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: