forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Later Browser Control

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cnodnarb
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject: Later Browser Control Reply with quote

To create a later version of a webbrowser control using FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION

Note, we have to use the Wow6432Node

Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee330730%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

11001 (0x2AF9 Internet Explorer 11. Webpages are displayed in IE11 edge mode, regardless of the declared !DOCTYPE directive. Failing to declare a !DOCTYPE directive causes the page to load in Quirks.
11000 (0x2AF8) IE11. Webpages containing standards-based !DOCTYPE directives are displayed in IE11 edge mode. Default value for IE11.
10001 (0x2711) Internet Explorer 10. Webpages are displayed in IE10 Standards mode, regardless of the !DOCTYPE directive.
10000 (0x02710) Internet Explorer 10. Webpages containing standards-based !DOCTYPE directives are displayed in IE10 Standards mode. Default value for Internet Explorer 10.
9999 (0x270F) Windows Internet Explorer 9. Webpages are displayed in IE9 Standards mode, regardless of the declared !DOCTYPE directive. Failing to declare a !DOCTYPE directive causes the page to load in Quirks.
9000 (0x2328) Internet Explorer 9. Webpages containing standards-based !DOCTYPE directives are displayed in IE9 mode. Default value for Internet Explorer 9.
Important In Internet Explorer 10, Webpages containing standards-based !DOCTYPE directives are displayed in IE10 Standards mode.

8888 (0x22B8) Webpages are displayed in IE8 Standards mode, regardless of the declared !DOCTYPE directive. Failing to declare a !DOCTYPE directive causes the page to load in Quirks.
8000 (0x1F40) Webpages containing standards-based !DOCTYPE directives are displayed in IE8 mode. Default value for Internet Explorer 8
Important In Internet Explorer 10, Webpages containing standards-based !DOCTYPE directives are displayed in IE10 Standards mode.

7000 (0x1B58) Webpages containing standards-based !DOCTYPE directives are displayed in IE7 Standards mode. Default value for applications hosting the WebBrowser Control.
PGWARE
Web Host

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post. I had to use the emulation mode a few weeks ago at work to get HTML5 to work correctly in a browser control. This also I believe stops the yellow banner at the top of the window appearing asking if you want to run/execute scripts.
Garrett
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can I make use of this information? I'm trying to currently use the browser dll with vds 6 and of course it's not showing sites correctly because it's using an outdated mode. Is there an api call I can use to the browser element to kick up to the latest version of IE?

Thanks,
~Garrett

DaveR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garrett wrote:
How can I make use of this information?

2 years later I was wondering this myself, until I had a look at the linked Microsoft web page.

Apparently the Default value for applications hosting the WebBrowser Control is:
IE7 Standards mode which uses DWORD 7000

The problem is web pages without standards-based !DOCTYPE directives can fail to display correctly, or at all.

So you can add your exe name to the following registry key. i.e. Like the dummy contoso.exe key below. And use the DWORD for the default emulation mode for your app.

IE8 Standards mode use DWORD 8888
IE9 Standards mode use DWORD 9999
IE10 Standards mode use DWORD 10001
IE11 Edge Standards mode use DWORD 11001

Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (or HKEY_CURRENT_USER)
   SOFTWARE
      Microsoft
         Internet Explorer
            Main
               FeatureControl
                  FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION
                     contoso.exe = (DWORD) 00009000

That MS page has moved to:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/internet-explorer/ie-developer/general-info/ee330730(v=vs.85)

The forum breaks the URL by not including the (v=vs.85)

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Knowledge Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: