forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gadget updates...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Other Product Support/Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShinobiSoft
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been linking to PayPal through a link provided in the Gadget.dll Help Contents if that helps any.

"The way is known to all, but not all know it."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I checked all my links and I don't understand Confused What web page URL are you trying registure my DLL from?

Give VDS a new purpose!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ShinobiSoft
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an excerpt from the Gadget.hlp contents. That's where I've been linking to PayPal from.
Quote:

Registering the Gadget.dll 1.x

You can register the Gadget.dll 1.x through PayPal.

Item Name: Gadget.dll

Item Number: 2526

www.paypal.com

The product costs only $24.99 while the beta last!

So don’t wait to get your registered copy of The Gadget Software today. I don’t know how long it will stay at this price but I would say you have about 30 days left in the beta. After the beta those who purchased it will receive the final as a upgrade for free.

After you register, you will receive your registration key by e-mail. Please allow up to one working day to process your registration.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops sorry,
I havn't updated that yet Embarassed Use the link in my signature here to goto my website;-) hehehehehe.... Help files are always the last thing to get updated.... Sorry about the inconvience....

Give VDS a new purpose!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
Ok the help file should be updated now. Please download the new one Very Happy in the gadget.zip file....

Give VDS a new purpose!
Garrett
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!!!! Kind of hard to sell a dll when the link in the help file is mucked
up. Wink

-Garrett
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well with all the questions about Gadget I didn't think anyone actually used or read the Help file Wink Razz hehehehehehehehehe Anyway for the one person on this forum that is using the help file I fixed the links. If anyone has any more problems please PM or email me Cool

Give VDS a new purpose!
Mac
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey mindpower, Smile

I have VDS 3.51 and Windows 95 (stop laughin' Garrett... Razz).
Is there a minimum system requirement (OS and/or VDS
version) for GADGET.DLL or the demos?

The early demos seemed to work OK on my system (although
I may not have tried them all), but I just downloaded the last
version (DLL dated 12/07/02) and several of the DSCs just go
nuts. Some just keep popping up the "Welcome to the Gadget
Software Demonstration!" window repeatedly, and I had to shut
down one or two with a three finger salute (CTRL+ALT+DEL.).
Some others work for a while, then say they can't find the
external DLL...

Any ideas? Confused

Cheers, Mac Smile

http://www.vdsworld.com/download.php?id=361
FreezingFire
Admin Team

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac,

I've had the same problem with the message boxes on Windows XP. I had
to click OK over 498 times to run the ListView.dsc example and the other
list example. The EnumWindows.dsc example doesn't work for me at all.
I think the excessive message boxes are due to the fact that the DLL will
warn that it is a demo every time it executes a command from VDS. Confused

You might want to check that the current directory is not changing while
the demo is running. That might be the cause of the error where it cannot
find the DLL.

ShinobiSoft
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the popup windows have anything to do with your OS.
I have Windows 98 SE and unil I registered the gadget.dll, everytime
a script made a call to the dll, the old info box popped up.

PGWARE
Web Host

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mindpower you can fix this by randomly popping up the messagebox informing the user to register. You can keep a variable and check how many times a command/function has been executed when it equals the random number - show the messagebox, reset the random number and the variable and have it start again. This is what I used in the vdselm/vdsobj and it doesn't popup the messagebox to register each time.
ShinobiSoft
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks PGWARE. I'll keep the counter thingy in mind for what ever dll's I might come up with. Smile Cool

vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
The messagebox that pops up in Gadget is strategically placed. I placed them with in the Memory Commands and functions because these commands and functions are very powerful and could be used to cause havic. The memory commands and functions are duplicates of the same memory commands and functions found in the C language. I just don't want crackers to use the demo to browse memory so easily. I will take a look at what PK suggested and see if that would increase the size of the Gadget.dll... It prob. will not.
If you are trying the Listview and Treeview controls demos then for each icon that is in the flagicon directory there will be a message box because the demos use the @Gadget(mem,Alloc) function to allocate memory for the Label text.
The Messagebox has nothing to do with the OS. It may look a little different from OS to OS but it is the standard Messagebox found in the Win32 API user32.dll. I do not target any OS and I am not using any API or function that is OS specific. This way you can use Gadget under any 32bit Windows OS and get the same results unless you declare a API function that is OS specific but the Gadget.dll still works the same no matter what OS. Also my demos are not OS specific. Your OS just has to be a M$ Windows OS. The LoadLib demo will give you slightly different results for the Windows version info but that is to be expected.
I have tested all my demos under every 32bit English version of Windows and on platforms as small as a 486 DX4 100mhz laptop with 20mb Ram and a 850mb hard drive running Windows 95b with success. Grant it some of the graphics demos are a little slower on this platform but that is to be expected.
Now I would like to hear some feed back on Non-English versions of Windows using Gadget and VDS? So if any of you has the time can you send me some of these demos back that target different languages? S.A.D.E. said they would but I didn't want them to take up their time that could be better put to use in new versions of VDS Wink

Give VDS a new purpose!
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh BTW,
The EnumWindows example will prob. be pulled because it does have a problem within the newer versions of Windows. I tried to use a little trick to simulate Callback functions with in VDS and it did not work for all versions of Windows Sad So back to the drawing board for that one. Besides the commands and functions was Alpha and was meant to be used for DLL's like the Bassmod.dll and Bass.dll.... I guess we will have to wait and see if S.A.D.E. will put this in some new version of VDS but don't hold your breath. Callback functions are a very advanced subject for most books about the Win32 API barely talk about it...maybe a paragraph or two...

Give VDS a new purpose!
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost forgot there is a revision coming soon that fix some more of the problems with the way Gadget allocates variables....Also some new examples that may prove to be very interesting...

Give VDS a new purpose!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Other Product Support/Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: