Joined: 10 May 2001
|Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 5:16 pm Post subject: VDSMEDIA Extension 2.0. Released
|Easy way to add a video control on a VDS dialog! No more external window for AVI videos or messing with the MCI scripting.. Someone could even create there own custom Windows Media Player with this DLL. Web streaming is even supported!
You can play AUDIO files too (MP3, OOG (with the proper codec installed), WAV, MID, etc...) and internet streaming is also supported!
The VDSMEDIA extension control allows you to display any Windows Media Player-compatible file format (including MPEG ,WMV files and much more) on a VDS dialog. It does this by taking advantage of the Windows Media Player ActiveX control that is found on most systems and also add a slide show control.Specifically, it embeds this Windows Media Player control directly into your Visual Dialog Script application. This essentially "borrows" Windows Media Player and uses it to display media files in your VDS application.
Also you can add a SlideShow control to create slideshows with JPEG files with more than 100 transitions to choose from!
Example of applications that can be created with VDSMEDIA.DLL:
- Internet Radio tuner
- Complete Audio player supporting MP3, OGG (with the proper codec),WMA,WAV,MID,RMI, etc…
- Video Player supporting (DivX (with the proper codec),AVI, MPEG, WMV, ASF, ASX,etc…
- Kiosk mode slideshow for promoting a product will an Audio CD plays and Videos.
- And more…
To enable VDSMEDIA.DLL to support OGG Vorbis audio files and the new OGG tag features of the DLL, please download the OGG codecs at:
The VDSMEDIA control works with any file format that Windows Media Player can play. On some Windows 95 systems that has Windows Media Player 6.4 installed the WMV format only supports sound.
Some formats can only be played when an appropriate codec is installed.
If a file that you want to play requires a codec, that codec will need to be
installed on the user's system, or the user will not be able to play the
file. A great site for codecs is http://www.divx-digest.com/software/index2.html - codecs
The VDSMEDIA extension will only work if the Windows Media Player control is installed on the user's system.
The Media Player control is normally installed with:
Windows Media Player (v6.4 +)
Windows 98 SE (or newer)
Windows NT4 SP3 (or newer)
Internet Explorer 4.01 Service Pack 2 (or newer)
DirectX 6.0 (or newer)
Supported formats: (as per help file of Windows Media Player)
– Microsoft Windows Media formats: .avi, .asf, .asx, .rmi, .wav, .wma, .wax
– Moving Pictures Experts Group (MPEG): .mpg, .mpeg, .m1v, .mp2, .mp3, .mpa, .mpe
– Musical Instrument Digital Interface (MIDI) : .mid, .rmi
– Apple QuickTime® (v2.0 or lower ONLY), Macintosh® AIFF Resource: .qt, .aif, .aifc, .aiff, .mov
– UNIX formats: .au, .snd
– Other formats can be supported, such as DivX, if you install the proper CODEC for Windows Media Player
- New commands added : LOAD,CDPLAY,CDSTOP,CDINIT,CDPAUSE,SLIDESHOWLOAD,SLIDESHOWADD,SLIDESHOWSTYLE,SLIDESHOWEXECUTE,SLIDESHOWBGCOLOR,SLIDESHOWRNDSTYLE,SLIDESHOWHIDE,SLIDESHOWSHOW,SLIDESHOWSTOP
- New functions added for OGG Vorbis Tags, CD Position, Open Picture Dialog with preview
- New demos: Slideshow.dsc and VDSMEDIA DJ Mixer
- Updated the Help file and Demos
- New command added : SETPOSITION, DECSEP, SETPOS
- New functions added for error handling : @MEDIA(ERRORRECEIVEDWMP, <control name>) and @MEDIA(ERRORINFO, <control name>)
- New demo: videoplayer.dsc for VDS 4
- Updated the Help file and Demos
For a complete details on the update of this detail please look at the online help and watch for the "New in 2.0":
Try it: http://www.vdsworld.com/index.php?page=download&fileid=219
or buy it for 29.95$: