forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Control PC First Public Release

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Other Product Support/Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rubes_sw
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 2:22 pm    Post subject: Control PC First Public Release Reply with quote

Control PC has been updated and has been upgraded to Shareware. (instead of Betaware Very Happy )

Current Version: 1.3

There was a few bugs that were found and FIXED ! Thanks to Dr.Dread and MarkTurbo.... Very Happy

New Features:

Control PC now has Plugin Support. There are currently two Plugins available: Attacher.plug and Blocker.plug.

We are also developing an SDK for COntrol PC to allow users to create their own Plugins for Control PC. (A suggessted plugin has been, A friend of mine has a burglar alarm that would page him, he could then email his computer that was connected to a webcam, Control PC could email him back with a picture to see in their was a burglar or just a cat etc.... he would call it: webcam.plug)

You must uninstall any previous versions of Control PC before you install the new version, As Control PC is not backwards compatible....

Since this version is shareware i have added a registration rountine... If Control PC is in Unregistered Mode Control PC will only run for 20 minutes at a time....

Download: http://www.metni.net/files/CPCsetup.exe
Size: 1.76Mb
Install Size: 2.70Mb

Nathan
MarkTrubo
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so I downloaded it, went to install, saw the warning to remove the old version, did that, installed it, and tested and it worked great. BUT! I think not everything uninstalled, since it still had the program I wanted to run showing. In think it left the old .ini file in the directory.

Anyway, it also would not let me put the second question in. The box was greyed out. But, after I tested it, it did let me add the second question.

I was looking for a way to iconize the program, could not fine one, so I quit. It asked me if I wanted tot quit, I said yes, but it quit anyway. I went to re-launch and I got an error:
Run time error 25 at line 777

I re-booted and went to re-launch and got the same error. I'm gonna uninstall it, delete the folder if it is still there after that and re-install.

OK, upon uninstall, it left the folder C:\Program Files\met\cpc and left the files:
control.ini
controlpc.ini
control.dll
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MarkTrubo
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deleted all the folder and the contents, re-installed, entered all my info again. But, it did not iconize. I went to quit, said no don't quit, it still did quit. I launched again and it was in the tray and working.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MarkTrubo
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, definit issues with the quitting / iconizing. Also, does not seem to be deleting the messages from the mail server -- even though that option is checked.
Rubes_sw
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I forgot to say if you change any settings at all you must SAVE before you do anything else.

To iconize the program:

Enable Create Task Icon > Click Save then click X (close) which will Iconzie the program....

Nathan

Hope this helps, The Installer does not remove two files created by the program called:

control.dll and controlpc.ini, These really should be deleted before you install the program.
MarkTrubo
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) OK, I tested again -- the splash says it is removing the mail, but it is not.

2) If I click exit and it asks are you sure, I say no, it still exits.

3) Maybe an iconize button near the exit button would be nice and make sense.
Rubes_sw
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will add an iconize button now and fix the exit bug.

But does anyone know if there is a bug in the vdsipp.dll

The code i am using is:

internet pop3,delete,1,%%msg

%%msg is the Message ID number.

I have used the commands create, connect etc to connect to the pop server.

???

Any ideas??
Nathan
PGWARE
Web Host

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There might be a bug within the Indy components which are used in the vdsipp but I've used that command without a problem so far.

Here are things to remember: the DELETE command marks the email message for deletion, it does not delete the email(s) until you DISCONNECT from the pop3 server, so you will need to issue a DISCONNECT command when you are ready to delete the emails.

Also I'm not sure but I think older pop3 server software may have not supported the POP DELE internal commands and might be the reason the email isn't deleted.

You should also check to see if the correct message number is being passed to the DELETE command as that might be another issue which is causing the emails not to be deleted.
Rubes_sw
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: Control PC updated to 1.3.1 Reply with quote

OK, Markturbo found a few bugs that have now been fixed. Also the bug with deleting messages of the server has now been fixed, it was due to a miscount on the message number....

OK, Current Version is now: 1.3.1

New buttons have been added, including the Iconize button Markturbo suggested Very Happy

I am thinking of a Retail Price of $29.99 what do you all think?

Download New Version: http://www.metni.net/files/CPCsetup.exe
Size: 1.77Mb
Installed: 2.71Mb

Nathan
MarkTrubo
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Like the new buttons!

2) Uninstall still leaves the folders (Which now default to C:\Program Files\nuvision\cpc instead of C:\Program Files\met\cpc) and control.ini and controll.dll. No big deal, just thought I'd let you know.

3) I gotta go home now so I can't try to break it again until tomorrow.

4) I'll also think about any changes, features or enhancements tonight.

5) Price seems fine to me, but I'm in New York and we have no concept of what things should really cost here. Wait for answers from others.

6) Oh, and it deletes the old mail fine now.

Seriously, nice job Nathan!
LOBO
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nathan,

From the replies I have seen here this sounds like a real nice program. Can't wait to test it out this weekend.

- Mark
Rubes_sw
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 3:18 am    Post subject: SDK For Control PC Reply with quote

Just to let you all know the SDK for Control PC is nearly complete, it will help you do the following:

You can create a plugin that can do anything you decide, Control PC will pass command line parameters to it eg.

Send an email to Control PC with the following subject line:

:username:password:pluginname:variable1:variable2:variable3 etc

*you can send a total of 9 variables....

Control PC will run the pluginname with the variables eg.

pluginname.exe variable1 variable2 etc etc

Control PC 1.3.1 does not support this feature, but version 1.3.2 does due in the next day or so....

So what can the plugins be used for?

Anything you want, just write a vds program that does someting, and can accept command line parameters and there you go !

Control PC 1.3.2 has some new features and a few minor bug fixes....

Nathan
Skit3000
Admin Team

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens if people E-mail things like:

:username:password:format:c:

If they know the username and password? Or do you have to install the plugins into Control PC, before you can use them?
MarkTrubo
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ControlPC will only run things that you specify through the admin interface on the computer running ControlPC, so unless you are silly enough to load format as a program that can be remotely activated, you will be safe!

Besids the stuff I am just testing around with, I have ControlPC running with a program that will let me remotely reboot an NT computer on our network that has PCAnywhere running on it. The instance of PCAnywhere only has modem access and once in a while, you can't dial in until you re-boot that computer. I had a chicken and the egg problem but ControlPC solved it. I have a slew of more applications, but that was one that has been pressing for years!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Other Product Support/Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: