forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BETA Testers needed for the upcoming VDSWORLD Media Player

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marty
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 5:24 pm    Post subject: BETA Testers needed for the upcoming VDSWORLD Media Player Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I will be needing some betatesters for the upcoming VDSWorld Media Player very soon.

It's been 4 months have been working on this project which is a Media Player based on most of the functionnalities I already had with my previous player (eXtremeMP3 Player) which got great reviews (5/5 Cows from Tucows.com,6/6 Nonags.com, 4/5 Webattack.com,etc). My previous player wasn't built with VDS, except for the Playlist manager and ID3 Tag editor. So I decided to re-write the player from scratch with VDS.

And what a challenge it was..and fun too! But before releasing it under the eXtremeMP3 Player v3.0 name, I decided to make a version for the VDSWORLD community with of course the permission of Tommy.

I would like to thank the following people first:
- Tommy : For the great freeware DLLs extensions, help and VDSWorld.com
- Prakash : For his great DLL extensions, help and of course VDSWORLD.com
- Liquid Code : For the idea about the hot spots using Dialog add,text and his
great work with the maybe released Instant Messaging software Smile
- EasyRider : For the source code of the CD Player
- Mac : For lots and lots of great source code ideas and help
- SnarlingSheep
- Sylvester
- And others I may have forgotten

With the upcoming beta release (v0.5) of VDSWORLD Media Player these features are included:

- Basic functionnalities (Play,Pause,Stop,Repeat mode,Shuffle Mode,etc...)
- Integrated Playlist Manager
- XtremeQuick Search mode (That enables you to find MP3's very quickly on your PC)
- Preferences Panel (To set file associations,CPU Utilisation,etc..)
- Supported media files : MP3,WAV,MIDI,RMI, AUDIO CD'S for now
- Help System made with VDS
- i.Skin support for BMP's and JPG's
i.Skin is a unique feature that no other players has. Creating Skins sometimes takes
time, but with i.Skins you can change then players looks in a matter of seconds.
Just by dropping a BMP or JPEG on the player will automatically change the i.Skin
window giving a new look to the player. Put a picture of your car, you, your house,
dog... well anything you like. In a future version there will be over 30 i.Skins available
in the setup package. And more than 300 on my web site.
- Drag n Drop ready for sound files and i.Skins
- Skin Manager for i.Skins and Skins

Anyway that's the main features for now.

What's coming:

- AVI/DIVX,MPEG,REAL MEDIA (Maybe),ASF,WMV support (NOT Using MCI!)
- MP3 Web streaming (Maybe)
- Update wizard (Have to cut the beef in VDSIPP.DLL to have only HTTP support)
- Custom Shape skins
- Skin Editor
- and more...

What are my problems right now that I have to figure out solutions and my dreams:(By the way anyone can help me you know .... Smile )

Master volume control:PROBLEM RESOLVE THANKS TO PGWARE

Right now in the player I have uses sndvol32.exe for controlling the Master Volume control. Which is not a good way of doing it. Because I have to start an instance of sndvol32.exe (Microsoft Volume control) in hidden mode and use a Window Send to control the volume. But if the player stops abnormally, the sndvol32.exe remains in
memory.

My dream for this would be to modify VDSVOL.DLL which is open source so it supports Master Volume of Windows not just the WAVE out volume.

Macromedia Flash Support: PROBLEM PARTIALLY SOLVED THANKS TO TOMMY
In the version 2.0 of eXtremeMP3 Player (my previous version) which wasn't done with VDS, I supported Flash files as i.Skins. That was great because you would be able to add visulal effects to the player. I tought of using VDSELM.dll and the Browser element for that, but it takes too much memory (6 megs) and it's not really a flash extension. So a DLL supporting Flash only would be the ideal idea. But for that, someone would have to create a DLL and I would definetly buy that! Tommy, Prakash?? Interested??

MP3 Enhancement:

I use VDSMPEG.DLL from PGWARE which is a great extension and a stable one too. Would be nice to add WMA, OGG, MP3 Web streaming support to it. I'm just dreaming here... Rolling Eyes

CROSS FADE EFFECT:

I would love the possibility to have multiple MP3 streams to work at the same time (like Tommy's VDSMP3 DLL) so I could add an option to cross fade songs. The reason why I dont use Tommy's DLL is the licensing issue with XAUDIO. ($25,000 licensing for redistributing xaudio.dll)

SUPPORT FOR :

- MOD tracker songs (an extension would be needed using maybe npmod32.dll)
- CDDB (Well I maybe doing it using VDS code, but an extension would ideal)
- CD Ripping (CD to MP3 or WAV to MP3 using maybe the LAME engine - lame_enc.dll)
- Visualizations (an extension that could support some Winamp visualisation plugins)
- Equalizer (That would be a plus, but personnaly I don't use it in other players)

If any DLL programmers wants to do any of the above DLL's I'm willing to do the research on the net for open source code for Delphi to help you out.

Last edited by marty on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:12 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Zoltar
VDS Pirate
VDS Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One word
Great Exclamation

http://membres.lycos.fr/
marty
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to my surprise not much reaction to my post. I had only 2 people who wants to beta test the player.

That's not enought for a good test. But I'm not pushing anyone. I will be reconsidering the project for the VDSWorld Player if I don't get any new testers before friday. After that date I will either continue or drop the project for VDSWorld. But again some of you have other things to do and I understand that. Smile

I wanted to add Plugin functionnality with an SDK for VDS developpers so they could build little apps as plugins for the Player, but since there's not much interest in the player. I won't do it for now.

Bye for now.. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Garrett
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Marty, too many eggs in my basket right now. Otherwise I would help.
Protected
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can beta-test the thing! I'm also curious to see your skin system thingy! Its probably better than mine (which was created only because some friends demanded, otherwise i would never have thought about that lol Razz) . Also the support for common (no divx) AVI and MPEG probably comes with your windows os, at least i'm using windows 98 and i can open those files. If you're using @mci(), just open the file without specifying the type and it should open some kind of AVI window. And you know you dont have to use sndvol anymore.
marty
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beta testing period is over and the player will be release as a preview version very soon.

Will let you know when its release... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: