forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CPU raising to 99% when using Tooltips for any element.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marty
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 1:54 pm    Post subject: CPU raising to 99% when using Tooltips for any element. Reply with quote

Hello guys,

I think I found a bug in VDS 4.0 with Windows 2000 but maybe it's there in VDS 3.51/3.0

For example compile the example "All dialog elements" that came with VDS 4.0. Then run the compiled example. In Windows 2000 open the "Task Manager". Do a filter on CPU.

Move your mouse over any element that has Tootip and leave it there.

Watch your CPU for the VDS example app. It should go to 99% and stay there unless you move away your mouse pointer from the element.

I tried on different machines running Windows 2000 and the problem is always there.

Before reporting this bug to SADE, I need to know if it does the same in Windows XP.

In windows 98, it may do the same thing but I don't know a good freeware app that could monitor the % of the CPU used for each application running.

So if you could try on your own PC's and let me know what OS your using and VDS Version.

After that I will send a general email to SADE. I consider this to be a big problem for me. Let's say someone has a CPU intensive application and he starts running a VDS app with tooltips, well his application will slowdown for sure because of VDS's tooltips problem...

Anyway let me know....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dr. Dread
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marty!

Yes, this is indeed a VDS bug - present in VDS 3 plus 4. Funny that you
come up with this today because the issue was already being discussed a
bit elsewhere on this forum because Garrett had already noticed it.

Try to check this:
http://www.vdsworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137&start=30

I tested yesterday using VDS 3 and running Win98SE and WinXP - the problem
remains the same, I get 100% CPU usage on both systems.

Greetz
Dr. Dread

String.DLL * advanced string processing
marty
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, I didn't see that it was talked about elsewhere....Thanks...

Anyway... Does someone know if it was reported to SADE already?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
marty
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bug has been officially sent to SADE... crossing my fingers... And will let you know if I get any response back...
marty
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a reply from SADE saying there examining the problem and will inform me of future update.
marty
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, SADE responded in their forum about that bug, and apparently it's a Delphi problem which will be fixed in the version 4.5 of VDS.

Cant wait for this....
LiquidCode
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4.5..That's getting close to 5.0. So thoes of use that just have the
standard version are going to have to pay another fee for 5.0, is
that right?

marty
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't think 5.0 will be out soon. I noticed the majors updates takes long to be available.

All I hope that when 5.0 comes there will be lots of new features to justify the upgrade price. From 3.51 to 4.02 there wasnt lots of new features for me personnaly.

So if from VDS 4.x to 5.0 its the same I will shift to another Basic programming language or directly to Delphi. I've see other basic languages lately and some of them are promising but not as stable as VDS. There's one that's has good features (Directx, direct calls to DLL's, etc..) but it is not enough stable for me (crashed on me twice in 30 minutes with the trial version) but the author updates it every month with fixes and new features.

But I'm glad to see SADE replying to posts on their forum now. That's a good sign. I was worried.

I don't know when 4.5 is coming out but I can't wait for that. Hope they will add some nice little features to it... To keep VDS users happy.
marty
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tooltip bug is fixed with the available version 4.5 from www.dialogscript.com

I tried it and it works ok for me now.... Laughing Laughing Very Happy
Garrett
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also now working, is the ability to have a NOTITLE dialog that doesn't show up on the Task bar.

Thank you SADE! Smile

-Garrett

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: