forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VDSmysql and VDS4.50 not working on Windows XP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Other Product Support/Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_Fletcher
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: VDSmysql and VDS4.50 not working on Windows XP Reply with quote

Hi there, I'm hoping someone will pick up on this topic.

I have been working on a script using VDSmysql.dll and have found that it has a bugg or some such problem when trying to get results back on a Query for "SELECT".

Having spoke to a few vds developers and confirmed that it work fine with all versions under windows 98 and W2K, Myself and Nick have concluded that some testing needs to be done on XP and perhaps some alterations made either to Libmysql.dll or the VDSmysql.dll

Can someone test this and see what results they get Question
PGWARE
Web Host

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post in the right forums, since your post has no source and deals with a bug from a 3rd party product it should be in the other products/announcement section. Also I noticed you posted this exact message in several sections - this really is not necessary; the developer (Tommy) will take a look into the vdsmysql.dll and provide you with assistance, posting the same message more then once will not get the problem resolved any faster. I've moved the post for you.

More to your question: I think you noted in your other posts that you are using Mysql 4, it's doubtful the vdsmysql and libmysql dll's are compatible with Mysql 4. There are some differences between Mysql 4 and 3 which may be causing some problems with the remote procedural calls. I would suggest downloading and installing an earlier version of Mysql 3 onto your (Windows?) box and testing.

We are using Mysql 3.23.58 (which is the latest version of Mysql 3) on this server (RedHat Linux) and it works perfect with Tommy's vdsmysql extension.
Vic D'Elfant
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything works perfect at a Windows XP Pro system with Apache & MySQL 3.23 running Smile

Best regards Very Happy,
Vic

BTW:
I've moved this topic to the 'Bug reports' section, since you're actually reporting a bug, not announcing a new product Wink

PGWARE
Web Host

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vic the bugs section is only for VDS not for 3rd party products. There is no problem with VDS rather it is with an extension (3rd party). It belongs in Other Products Support/Announcements.
Vic D'Elfant
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, sorry about that Embarassed

Best regards,
Vic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Other Product Support/Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: