forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VDSSURFX released as Donationware
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Other Product Support/Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marty
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: VDSSURFX released as Donationware Reply with quote

NO SUPPORT IS PROVIDED FOR THIS EXTENSION!

The VDSSURFX extension control allows you to display an Internet Explorer control on a VDS dialog, and change some of Internet Explorer settings .

But as opposed to a other web browser extensions, your VDS application controls files dropped on the control by using the VDS style DRAGDROP. By doing this you can run an ActiveX Control or show a webform for example without worrying that the user drops a JPG, ZIP, HTML or any other file on your web browser control which would normally cause the
IE control to open the file or open the download dialog box.

As a bonus, you’ll find usefull the Internet Explorer tweaks I left in the VDSSURFX, like skinning the Internet Explorer Toolbar, Disable the “View Source” option, and other interesting tricks to be used for configuring Internet Explorer 5.+ or higher. (Please note that these extra bonus commands/functions are NOT supported)

Microsoft Internet Explorer 4 or higher must already be installed on the computer before you can use VDSSURFX.
The Web browser (which uses the Internet Explorer engine), can be also aUniversal Browser.

It will let you display (load), print, save different types of documents as:
- HTML pages,
- Word documents,
- Excel spreadsheets,
- Visio drawings,
- PowerPoint presentations,
- Shockwave movies,
- Bitmaps (JPG, BMP, GIF,etc..)
- etc.

Of course opening some these documents needs a third party software installed. (For example to open a Word (.DOC) document, the end user needs to have MS Word installed) But the document will open in the VDSSURFX control of your VDS application if it is installed.

The Print Preview command will only work on certain types of documents for the moment, it does not work with MS Office documents such as Excel (XLS), Word (DOC) etc... Im trying to find a workaround for this. But the
regular print will work.

Print Preview WILL work on bitmaps, text files, HTML files and probably more...

So knowing that, someone could create with VDSSURFX, a Bitmap viewer, Excel report viewer, run an ActiveX control such as a RealAudio Player and more with VDS .

Here's the link to download the VDSSURFX extension:
http://www.vdsworld.com/index.php?page=download&fileid=237

See the serial.txt for the your free serial code.[/b]

Last edited by marty on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Boo
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marty,

Regarding your vdssurfx extension, is there a way to capture the source of a page loaded in the browser control?

(FYI: I know there is no official support for this .dll, but thought I'd ask anyway.) Cool

Thanks,

- Boo
GeoTrail
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that's awesome marty.
Thanks a bunch Smile

Admin Team

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Thanks Thumbs Up
marty
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi Marty,

Regarding your vdssurfx extension, is there a way to capture the source of a page loaded in the browser control?

(FYI: I know there is no official support for this .dll, but thought I'd ask anyway.) Cool

Thanks,

- Boo

Ok here is an UNofficial update of VDSSURFX, which contains a new command:

Visual DialogScript Code:
SURFX savepage,mSURFX,@path(%0)test.htm
Download this script

This command will let you save the source code of the currently viewed page in the brwoser object of vdssrufx page to a file.

This version of VDSSURFX is using a new Delphi component also. So theres been changes in the code.

Let me know how it works, or if it works like before at least.

http://www.extremesenses.com/vds/vdssurfx.dll

Thank you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
marty
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody tried it?

Maybe its not used anymore.. ?

I am just asking if people that use VDSSURFX in there app to try it out thats all..

Thanks..
GeoTrail
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't all the features already in the VDS browser?
jwfv
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it out and it seemed to work very well in my limited test. I don't currently have an app that uses a browser element, though I have one on the back burner.

When using VDSSURFX or the VDS browser element, I have noticed that there are differences between using them to view FTP folder and using Internet Explorer. For instance, I am not able to right-click on files or drag and drop them like with Internet Explorer. Any way around this?

jules
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The browser element is an encapsulation of the HTML display component of Internet Explorer. Some of the functionality of IE is undoubtedly implemented in the web browser itself and is therefore not carried over to the browser element.
jules
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: VDSSURFX released as Donationware Reply with quote

marty wrote:
But as opposed to a other web browser extensions, your VDS application controls files dropped on the control by using the VDS style DRAGDROP. By doing this you can run an ActiveX Control or show a webform for example without worrying that the user drops a JPG, ZIP, HTML or any other file on your web browser control which would normally cause the IE control to open the file or open the download dialog box.

I don't understand this comment. It seems to be implying that if you drag and drop something on to the browser element it will try to open it, in the process discarding the HTML that you have loaded into it. But when I try to drag and drop something on to it, it does not appear to be a drop target, so I don't see the problem.

marty
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jules for the feedback..

I guess when I implemented this it was with IE 5.5, and I was able to trap any files that were drag and dropped onto the IE object before it could be processed. It would allow the user to decide if the file dropped would be opened with the IE shell or not.. But now it does not seem to work anymore..

Oh well..

Smile
marty
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Isn't all the features already in the VDS browser?

Well when VDSSURFX was release, VDS 5 was not ready yet. There was VDSELM sold by S.A.D.E

Then VDS 5 came out with the VDSBROWSER included.

They are almost the same. Some minor differences only.

I use VDSSURFX because I built it and have the source.. So I can add my own personnal features to it.

Either way, they are both good and stable I think..

I dont think that the new function I added SAVEPAGE is available for VDSBROWSER. I added this future for a project of mine. And wanted to share it with the vdsworld users.

Smile
jules
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marty wrote:
I dont think that the new function I added SAVEPAGE is available for VDSBROWSER. I added this future for a project of mine. And wanted to share it with the vdsworld users. Smile

No, but you can get the source code of the page using @dlgtext, and you can write a few lines of code to save it to disk if you need to.

FreezingFire
Admin Team

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marty, thanks for being so generous to share your work with the VDS
community. Smile

Rubes_sw
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Bug Report Reply with quote

Hi Marty

Just to let you know, there is a bug in the Unoffical update of the vdsurfx.dll.

SURFX savepage,mSURFX,@path(%0)kwc.dat

Once the command is called, all following urls are trying to load pictures, files etc from your local hard drive.

If you disable the above command (In other words, don;t use it) The dll functions AOK.

Nathan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Other Product Support/Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: