forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

better error reporting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Serge
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: better error reporting Reply with quote

i'd like to see better error reporting beyond just line and number now that we can have many files linked to the one project

for example,

- if an error is caused by a dll or dsu, then for the error report to give the name of the dll or dsu

- if an error is caused by 1 file among many in a project, then the error report should say which file it is and which line in that file

- an optional dump of all string and list contents to a text file,

- and so on . . .

i am constantly frustrated when a user reports an error number and line number, and because i use around 10 files in a project, i don't know where the error is - ggrr!!!

serge
Serge
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found out that the ide will compile the files in a project according to the list of #INCLUDE - so using jules' idea of doing the sums will work but it is a bother to do each time a user reports a problem with a line number

by the way, jules' idea will work as long as dsc files are included using #INCLUDE before adding dsu files as that will put the count of lines out - totally out

serge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Wish List All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: