forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Printing a table

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Serge
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Printing a table Reply with quote

just want to share a way i have found to print the contents of a table with all the data lining up as it should and with the option of having a basic grid as well - the trick to lining up the data in the printout is to use @FILL()

the code comes directly from a program that i am hoping to release very soon ... the program uses a table with 9 entries but only some of the entries i want to print ... and with the given headers

Code:
if @greater(@count(table1),0)
      list create, 10
     list add, 10, %%caption (@datetime(dd mmmm yyyy hh:nn am/pm))
     list add, 10,
     list add, 10, ----------------------------------------|-------|-----------|--------|--------|--------
     list add, 10, @fill(40,Keyword)|@fill(6,Demand) |@fill(10,Supply) |@fill(7,KEI) |@fill(7,@chr(34)Supply@chr(34)) |@fill(8,@chr(34)KEI@chr(34))       
     list add, 10, ----------------------------------------|-------|-----------|--------|--------|--------
     %i = 0
     option fieldsep, @tab()
     repeat       
        list seek, table1, %i       
        parse "%1;%2;%3;%4;%5;%6;%7;%8;%9",@item(table1)       
        list add, 10, @fill(40,%2)|@fill(6,%3) |@fill(10,%5) |@fill(7,%6) |@fill(7,%Cool |@fill(8,%9)
        %i = @succ(%i)
     until @equal(%i,@count(table1))
     list print, 10, courier, 10
     list close, 10
      option fieldsep, |
  end

i would recommend using a non proportional font when printing this way otherwise the data will not line up properly on the print out

serge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Knowledge Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: