forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Table Element

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rubes_sw
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Table Element Reply with quote

Would it be possible, to:

When you have the CLICK parameter on a table element, not to goto to the CLICKTABLE1 event when you load or add information into the table. But only generate an event when the user actually clicks on the table.

I do use a workaround for this, but it would be nice not to. (saves a few extra lines of code) Smile

Nathan
jules
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean, but it isn't possible to suppress the events, because the table control generates the events when items are added, and the VDS code that receives them can't tell what caused them, so it just has to pass them on as a CLICK event.

As I recall it, the problem is because we have to treat events that change the selected item the same as mouse click events, in order to have consistency with ordinary list elements, because otherwise you won't get CLICK notifications if the user selects an item by scrolling using the cursor keys instead of clicking on it. It's the item change events that get generated when items are added. The table element is a Microsoft common control, not a native Delphi control, so it is not possible to change the way it works. But I don't think adding a while @event() / wend is such a big deal, is it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Wish List All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: