forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wow - Talk About Customer No Support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
webdaddy
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Wow - Talk About Customer No Support Reply with quote

Here is a ticket I opened on the dialogscript site on the 14th of November. Still no response. I'm begining to believe that the support issue is a scam. I have had problems with registering software as well. I cant believe that a company stays in business treating their customers this way.
I should have known there was a problem when it took a week to register dialogscript in the first place and then another week to register some extensions. I mean if they are slow to even take customer orders I should have known what their support would be like.

I guess I have an orphan here from the looks of it.

Created the 14/11/2005

Product: VDSTCP50

Ticket status: Open (close this ticket)

Posted: 14/11/2005

Im writing to request some assistance with the VDSTCP50 extension. When using the extension one of my applications frequently exits with an error. Exception EOutOfMemory in module vdstcp50.dll at 000020F5. Can you tell me what is wrong here? I doubt very seriously that im out of memory because I have 2Gig of memory on this system and this single script is the only one that does it. Basically in the script im listening with VDSTCP50 for incoming udp messages (syslog) and then im sending them out on a different TCP port to another application. There are a large number of messages upward of 20000 per minute or so. Is there any way to fix this?

SLC now available for Linux...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Serge
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear about your troubles with vds support .... it is sadly a far more common complaint than it should be ... the owner of vds used to popin to this forum regularly to keep up with what people are saying and i don't know if he still does as if he did then he would have read your post and done something about it

you are not the only one who has found a very slow response from vds support meaning that there is a serious problem there ... and again sadly, this problem has been going on for far longer than it should have

some members of this forum have even thought of buying vds from the current owner in order to provide better support but this great idea did not materialise Sad

serge

Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Agree Reply with quote

I get better support from the folks here than commercial research. The problem is they dont let the source go with their DLL's so it makes troubleshooting difficult at best. I also find myself coding around their issues which is troubling. I am seriously looking for a similar language that offers better support because my business depends on it. However for now I am gonna give them till the end of the year to work things out. I understand its the holiday season so I give everybody a little more room but a week and no reply I was quite surprised.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FreezingFire
Admin Team

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used the support ticket system and gotten a response within days.
webdaddy
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject: I understand Reply with quote

Some have had better luck. The problem im having is that they are not fixing the actual bug in their program. Which affected the rollout of one of my programs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: