forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GadgetX News Update....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Other Product Support/Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: GadgetX News Update.... Reply with quote

Hi All,
I just wanted to invite everyone over to my new website. Please remember I am not a Web programmer but I will consider suggestions. I am still pounding away at GadgetX. I have some screenshots now if you would like a sneak peek of what will be possible with the new GadgetX.dll.

Point your browser too

Main Page: http://www.dragonsphere.net/
ScreenShots: http://www.dragonsphere.net/products/

The DLL is still in beta testing. If no one finds anything wrong with the current build then the current build will be released to the public.

Give VDS a new purpose!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marty
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally.. !! Very Happy

Just to let everyone know, this new update of Gadget (now GadgetX) is so powerfull... As a tester, I was amazed of the quality of this DLL and its potential.. ActiveX support and more ... Woohoo!

When I converted my surfxdemo from my own extension to GadgetX, it was simple.. and it added so much more possibilities..

A must have for sure...

And this guy put so much time and effort on it.. you cant imagine!

Encourage him when its finally available to buy..

Thanks buddy!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tdk161
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Wave Worship
Very Good JOB Man
jwfv
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great! Way to go - hope it goes smoothly finishing it up for release.
Serge
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragonshpere,

i figure that you are real busy at the moment but any chance of some details of what can be done with it Very Happy

serge

Admin Team

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serge wrote:
dragonshpere,

i figure that you are real busy at the moment but any chance of some details of what can be done with it Very Happy

serge

Serge,
Hmmm... I am finding it hard to answer this with just a few words. What did you want to do? This version of Gadget that I call GadgetX has lots of abilities to make the VDS programmers life simple and unlimited.

Here is a short feature list just to get started Wink

1) Load any Windows 32bit DLL.
2) Call any function from the 32bit DLL.
3) Host ActiveX control in the VDS dialog.
4) Access the IDispatch interface with simple wrapper functions and commands called OLE and @OLE.
5) Simple wrappers funtions for the IPicture interface to load BMP, JPG, GIF, and WMF images into ActiveX controls that need them.
6) Access COM Interfaces directly by calling the vTable methods direct.
7) Built in Windows Toolbar control.
Cool Translucent painting of bitmaps on the VDS dialog with alpha blending works in Win9x and above.
9) Map the VDS dialog to the transparent parts of a bitmap works in Win9x and above.
10) Printing the VDS dialog elements or the dialog itself.
11) Access to C's memory management funtions through the wrapper command and function called MEM you get direct access to malloc, calloc, memcpy, memmove, sizeof, and free.
12) unlimited variable definitions with multiple variable types.
13) Build Structures and access the members of the structures by thier names.
14) bitwise operations like AND,OR,NOR,XOR,LSHIFT,RSHIFT
15) several C macros now native like MAKELPARAM, MAKEWPARAM, MAKELONG, MAKEWORD, LOWORD, HIWORD, LOBYTE, HIBYTE
16) special variable types like 64 bit integers, DECIMAL, CURRENCY, VARIANTS, SAFEARRAYS, and GUIDs.
17) ability to call any STL functions from the C runtime like printf, sprintf, and fopen to name a few.
19) No need to pre-define API functions you can now define them and use them on 1 line.
20) Able to use API functions that need CALLBACK functions like EnumWindows and EnumChildWindows.
21) Able to hook window API messages.
22) Able to make a shellfolder into a live VDS menu.
23) multiple ways to pass data between 2 VDS applications

This is just a few of the things off the top of my head that you can do. With the new syntax of GadgetX it is so simple to use these abilities. Also this new version of GadgetX has an advanced debug routine builtin that will give you more details about where an error occured. It will tell you the name of the command and function and at what point with in the line the error happened. So by and large it is much safer to use. GadgetX logs all errors and keeps them in an internal queue that you can query.

Give VDS a new purpose!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
I have added the feature list to my products page. Smile

Give VDS a new purpose!
Serge
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your reply but unfortunately most of it is over my head Very Happy

i will wait until it is out and go through the documentation in detail

serge

Web Host

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking great, nice webbrowser example as well Smile Can't wait to test it out. I'm sure you'll have tons of great examples to play with.
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGWARE,
Thanks for the kudos PGWARE that means a lot coming from you but I did not build that Browser by myself. Marty built the browser from his SurfX browser DLL example. He rewrote his example using my DLL in place of his own DLL. I just added a few small items that was missing and updated some syntax here and there. Yes there are tons of examples and documentation. My main desire was to make this new GadgetX as simple to use as possible without sacrificing ability or functionality. I am confident with all the features that GadgetX has that everyone here will find something of use in this new version.

Serge,
Don't let the big words scare you it really is simple to use. I have built helper tools that allow you to copy & paste pre-built boiler plate code into the VDS IDE. I have also built better documentation. It's just hard to explain things here on the forum but in the documentation and examples I explain things in both layman terms and technical terms. Marty has told me that once he got into it he found himself having fun and that is what it is all about. I honestly believe in imediate return on an investment.
So if anyone has any issues using any software that I write I will be more than happy to sit down in a 1 on 1 and help you complete your projects.

Give VDS a new purpose!
bbelcher
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I so can't wait. Please hurry.. Very Happy

This dll looks like it's going to open alot of doors for me.
Boo
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really looking forward to it, too! I can't wait!
henrywood
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Sounds very promising ! Reply with quote

Hi guys !

This GadgetX things sounds REALLY COOL - I cannot wait till it's finished Smile

Just curious:
Would it be possible by using GadgetX to hook the ReadProcessMemory WIN API Message, thus being notified if another process wants to read memory from the address space of my VDS EXE. I was wondering this since I am on the look out for some better way to protect my VDS EXEs.
My VDS EXE could just close when sent such a message ?

Also, would it be possible to reply to a Windows Message sent to the VDS EXE ?

Henrik
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Sounds very promising ! Reply with quote

henrywood wrote:
Hi guys !

This GadgetX things sounds REALLY COOL - I cannot wait till it's finished Smile

Just curious:
Would it be possible by using GadgetX to hook the ReadProcessMemory WIN API Message, thus being notified if another process wants to read memory from the address space of my VDS EXE. I was wondering this since I am on the look out for some better way to protect my VDS EXEs.
My VDS EXE could just close when sent such a message ?

Also, would it be possible to reply to a Windows Message sent to the VDS EXE ?

Henrik

Technically yes this should be possible. I don't know this for sure but I think that the exe's already have a certian about of debug protection built into them? BTW ReadProcessMemory is not a API Message it is a API function for reading memory from the virtual memory address space.

I think the functions you need to call is IsDebuggerPresent and/or CheckRemoteDebuggerPresent. I believe if I remember right that both functions are in the kernel32.dll

Give VDS a new purpose!
henrywood
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: ReadProcessMemory Reply with quote

Hi dragonsphere !

I know ReadProcessMemory is an API. What I wanted was to hook calls to it and thereby receive a windows message.

I am already using @fume (available on codescript.vdsworld.com if my memory serves me) that calls IsDebuggerPresent in kernel32.dll

The reason I am asking is that a long time ago (VDS 3.5 I think) I used some tool (just out of curiosity) to dump the memory of the VDS EXE (I think the tool was WinHex) and the complete source of the script was readable !! I haven't tried this with VDS 5 EXEs though.

But thanks for the reply anyway.

Also, to repeat my second question, is it or will it be possible to reply to Windows Messages sent to the VDS EXE

Henrik
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Other Product Support/Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: