forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

List Dialog Element...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> General Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkTrubo
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: List Dialog Element... Reply with quote

Hey gang,

I'm working on my order history program and when you pull up a customer, it shows the date of all their orders. Click on one and it populates a screen with the details. Now I'm adding in accounting stuff and I want to color or somehow mark items in the order list that are overdue for payment. Anyway to change the color or put a background color on individual items in a list on a dialog?

If not, any other ideas.

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aslan
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way that I can think off for doing this with VDS is use the 'Richedit' element in VDSOBJ.DLL
MarkTrubo
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That DLL is kind of big -- I'm trying to keep this prog lean and fast. I don't have to change the text color, I could even figure the position in the list and put color behind it or somthing -- just want it to stand out.

Ideas?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aslan
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only other way I can think of with VDS is using the Table element with a single column and maybe use a bitmap to mark the rows that are delinquent.

If you absolutely have to use colored text you could also use the Table element, which is actually a ListView Control, and some complicated API.
This should be do-able but will take some time to work out the API, unless someone has already figured it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> General Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: