forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GadgetX ???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Other Product Support/Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aslan
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: GadgetX ??? Reply with quote

Dragonshere,

What's the status on GadgetX? Last we heard it was mostly in need of completing documentation.
trapper
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're all waiting with baited breath. Very Happy
DaveR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long ago I began to suspect it won't be released until VDS6 is released - if VDS6 ever sees the light of day...

Dave
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok everyone,
My development efforts have absolutely nothing to do with the release of VDS 6. Actually I have very little to do with CR at all. I do some voluntary work for them to support their current VDS version but I have nothing to do with VDS 6 and it has never been my intention to release my software at the same time as CR's software. I know only as much as any of you know about the mythical VDS 6. I think CR keeps us in suspense on purpose. They like to see us get all excited and debate about what may or may not be included in it.

I do however try to make my software the very best it can be hence the reason for all the delays in it's release. I keep getting reports of bugs and I keep finding and fixing those bugs. At this point as far as I know there are no more bugs in the GadgetX.DLL so I am finishing the documentation. There is just too much to document for me to just release the syntax by itself. Hard to explain at this time but so many of the commands and functions depend on eachother to operate and if you don't put them in the proper order you will be left with the idea that the DLL does not work.

I have recently posted a FAQ that lists all the names of the commands and functions that are included in GadgetX. You can get to the post here http://www.dragonsphere.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10
I hate to cross post but most of you don't venture out to the other VDS websites much so you miss out on a lot of things that are going on Wink

Give VDS a new purpose!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aslan
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Just checking the status of GadgetX again. Reply with quote

Any new info on releasing GadgetX yet???
JRoza
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
most of you don't venture out to the other VDS websites much

What other VDS websites, most are either deadlinks or have little activity.
Not their fault of course since there is little news to report.

I still see VDS World as the VDS main forum where news appears the first.
You are right of course not to release anything when you know it's not finished, but just every now and then drop a line here to inform on your progress. I think that is more than enough to keep us happy (apart from releasing Gadget of course!)

Very Happy
Jan
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan,
There are several of VDS sites cropping up all the time. There is a full VDS website in Spanish. There is also a VDS WebRing that has many of them listed. CodeScript's, Marty's, Shinobisoft, PGWare, Tommy's, Mac's and a couple of others. There are a few that are not listed at all that have scripts and ways of using VDS that you would have not thought of otherwise. Many of them don't post their super scripts here until someone requests something and then they usually only post the specifics that was requested but I usually follow the trail back to the original author and I find all kinds for cool stuff. All I am saying is to broaden your horizons and take a look around there are some really good programmers out there and they keep their best stuff on their own websites.

Give VDS a new purpose!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aslan
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything new on GadgetX yet?

Maybe a progress update Smile
JRoza
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the late reply but I just got back from holidays.

No offense taken.
I too like to get my stuff at the original authors website but I have only limited time to go and search for other VDS authors so mostly I stick with the ones I see at VDS World. I still see this website as the central site for VDS but lately the activity and number of different VDS programmers is getting less so there are also less links to follow up.
But I'm in no hurry and know you will bring out Gadget when it's ready.
When that day comes I'll give it a testrun and see if it fills any needs I might have.

Very Happy
Jan
Aslan
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything new on Gadget ??
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Help File is complete Reply with quote

Hi All,
I posted this on my forum yesturday but since some of us are very busy I figured I would post here as well. I have completed the help file. It is currently in the beta aera. I am currently finishing my website and getting the online store up and working once that is done the dll will be officially released. Smile

Give VDS a new purpose!
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
GadgetX is here Very Happy

Most of the website is finished at least the important parts of it.

Anyway I think everyone here will find some use for the DLL especially since I have spent the last few years listening to what everyone here was asking for and tried my best to jam as much of your requests into a single DLL. I hope you all enjoy using it and as always please don't hesitate to ask me for help using it.

Give VDS a new purpose!
trapper
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news!! Very Happy With the Christmas break coming up soon I hope to have some time to put it to use.

Cheers.

DaveR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Very Happy

Dave
Garrett
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now he releases it! Now that I don't really use VDS much anymore! Twisted Evil

Ok, maybe I'll use VDS a little more just because of GadgetX Smile

-Garrett

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Other Product Support/Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: