forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DynPos DSU for VDS 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Visual DialogScript 6 Units
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WidgetCoder
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject: DynPos DSU for VDS 6 Reply with quote

DynPos Unit v4 Final Release (2008.04.25) for VDS v6/5.*

This unit will dynamically position and/or re-size dialog elements while the window is being sized manually via mouse. Unlike VDS's "Resize" event which waits until the mouse button has been released this DSU will automatically manage elements while the window is changing size.

Version 4.0 Changes:

- Fixed browser child window hierarchy bug
- Source code included for debugging

Version 3.5 Changes:

- Added Proportional Resizing and Positioning for multiple horizontally or vertically aligned elements.
- Flags �TLWH� may now be used in any combination or separately
- Same DSU for both VDS versions 5 and 6
- Source code included for debugging

Version 3.0 Changes:

- Added VDS 6 support for both standard and integrated executables
- Vista compatibility - This version is self-contained and does NOT write any files to the hard drive
- DSU size reduced by 24kb - the file is now less than 7kb

Download URL (updated 7-27-2017)
Version 4.0 Download Link (23kb):
https://eckles.net:5001/sharing/BVkPtx7WN

Last edited by WidgetCoder on Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:02 pm; edited 19 times in total
DaveR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice updates, thanks

Dave
WidgetCoder
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Updated DSU w/Source Code - DynPos Reply with quote

Version 3.5b

I finally found the time to update this code properly. Please give it a try and let me know if you find any bugs. Thank you.

Download above...
briguy
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for another update.. BUT...

I have errors now.

Think I found a bug.

I'm resizeing the XPMENU demo.. in vds 6 this works fine with the last revision but not with your new one.

Just trying to rezise hight.

dynpos Add,XPMENU1,H

Any ideas??
WidgetCoder
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Final v4 w/source - DynPos Unit Reply with quote

Thank you for the bug report I have fixed the issue in the final release version 4.0 download above.

Upgrade Note: The "INCLUDE" block statement has changed in version 4.0 please revise and compile your existing scripts before running.
bornsoft
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: problem with DynPos DSU and Gradient/Shape elements Reply with quote

hi,

i just wanted to try out your DynPos4 unit for VDS6 and noticed that it's not working with gradient and shape elements. An error 14 line 83 of your dsu is produced. i tested and found out, that no identifiers are returned to that kind of elements. do you have any ideas about that issue?

thanks.

marcus
WidgetCoder
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marcus,

Yes sir that is a valid point that requires explanation. While VDS treats a Gradient as a separate element it is essentially a paint style or canvas object drawn directly on the dialog’s or form’s canvas during the OnPaint event. Since a gradient element does not actually create a window like other elements it has no window identifier that separate process like DynPos can use as a handle. However VDS does provide a “FITTODIALOG” style for the Gradient element that will dynamically repaint as the dialog is resized. This of course is only helpful if you intend on painting the entire background of your dialog. If both dynamic resizing and a partial gradient type effects are desired you might consider experimenting with a graphic as a workaround.

While VDS is a useful tool it does have limitations, dynamic window resizing being chief among them.

Bill
bornsoft
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Bill for your explanation.

I supposed something like that. In my current project I use many gradient and shape elements for an assembled design and to do this with graphics would increase the size of my application disproportionately.

marcus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Visual DialogScript 6 Units All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: