forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alternatives?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Newspaz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:15 pm    Post subject: Alternatives? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if there are any good alternatives to VDS which are just as easy? I've alread tried to download OBasic's trial but their downloads are broken.
SnarlingSheep
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about "just as easy," but IBasic looks to be a good, easy language.
It also offers DirectX and Direct3D support along with integrated exe's.
The UserGuide is very informative also.
http://www.pyxia.com

Binary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn good alternative !!!
vds rocks.....
but its very cool to create 3D Stuff so easy with IBasic

not bad ! Very Happy
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
Ya know I rearly get in the middle of the threads on VDSWORLD.COM but really 'Binary' you just joined(Aug. 2, 2002) and you are asking us if we know of another language for you to use? I kinda resent this.
Please new comers to VDSWORLD.COM I have been programming in VDS for a long time and I have spent many hours learning ways to make programs as good as any other language out there. So please don't waist my bandwidth asking questions like this, before you have even tried to make VDS do what you want it to do. I know you prob are new to programming but really this is a VDS site and not alt.programming or some other site that chat about multiple languages. Anyway I am not trying to start a flame war here but I would have much rather heard that someone found an alternative that uses VDS than this. Or a new product that someone just came out with that was made with or for VDS???

Give VDS a new purpose!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SnarlingSheep
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newspaz asked that question mindpower..and he has been around a while.
Funny, you made sure you looked and found out when Binary joined, but didn't take the time to make sure he actually started the thread..

Garrett
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch! That one's going to leave a mark! Wink
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that everyone, to many hours behind the keyboard. I didn't notice until after I sent the message. Please accept my apologies Binary. So instead of me complaining to new comers to the board I should be complaining about users that have been here awhile and think this is just another general chat site. Anyway I still would rather talk about VDS then telling others to go try other languages.

Give VDS a new purpose!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SnarlingSheep
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL, that was almost an apology..
I'm sure no one else stepped up from VDS to another language. Rolling Eyes

vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last post was only intended as an apology for Binary Wink hehehehe As for the rest of you I feel no apology is in order hehehehe... As for me I only use other languages to support VDS not as an alternative to using VDS. So I am a devoted VDS user. I have been using VDS before there was a VDSWORLD.COM and we were still scratching our heads to figure out just what could be done with the language. This was before S.A.D.E. bought it and made it into the language it is today. VDS is the easiest language in the world to use and I just didn't want people to get the impression that VDS is not worth looking at. I am not saying that VDS is a one language that fits all but it is not as limited as several people think it is. No other language can do as much as VDS can in one line of code??? So if your going to yell at me then know it is not my fault. I have only one bad habit and that is VDS which of course contributes to what others may see as bad habits but not me I know where the problem is honestly it is in VDS:wink: VDS grabs the imagination and tricks you into thinking you can really talk to your PC but in reality you can't....I think I need a life but I cannot find the code to build it yet so until then I will keep searching. Have fun with VDS but be careful it doesn't turn you into me.... This is your last warning run...run away as fast as you can because you really don't want to get hooked on this habit that is for sure.... Twisted Evil Mauhahahaha

Give VDS a new purpose!
SnarlingSheep
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I didn't think VDS was a good, productive language I wouldn't have paid for it.
If it works for you, use it and pay for it.
Same for any other language though, and of course not everyone can afford $99+ to write programs that just might only pay them back with usefulness.
Bottom line, use what's best for you.

vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey SnarlingSheep,
I agree with 100 percent of your last post. Seeing how we are the only ones on the board right now...eventhough there could be others lurking. I am going to send you a private message just because I like your posts so much hehehehehehehe....

Give VDS a new purpose!
Garrett
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yoo! This isn't the Love Connection ya know! Twisted Evil
Binary

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I want to add some lines to my post,

I wanted to say this is a good ->alternative<-
not this is better than vds ! Im using vds since December 2001
and I love it
(Mindpower I hope you can see that such a registration date says nothing -> if someone is a newbie or not)

in vds I cant use jpegs (only with .dll) so when I use bitmaps instead
then my applications are much bigger -> 1MB only for layout -> could I use jpegs or gifs (without dll) then I had e.g. only 300 kb!!!

And in IBasic you can create Direct3D stuff ! thats a big difference when you think about it

that is why I think Ibasic is good at gfx
but for programing vds rocks
-hope all can understand what I mean
Tommy
Admin Team

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a short note on this, I think it will be fine to make notices about alternative
products, as long as it is in the "Miscellaneous" section. If they would become like
commercial advertisements though (unlike this case), that wouldn't be very welcome.
LiquidCode
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to this.. Very Happy After a little while (right mindpower Wink ) VDS
will become a much more powerfull language.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: