forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visual Dialog Script official website - Online shop
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teamgreentech
Valued Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Visual Dialog Script official website - Online shop Reply with quote

Hi guy, I am bemused as to how I am supposed to buy the VDS6 Ultimate or any other VDS product!"!! Confused

The official website is a mess and mostly not functioning correectly to the point that unless you can remember your login details (I can't as it was probably 15 years ago when I registered) you can't purchase anything which is rather commercially inpractical. There I was ready to spend my $499.00 and in the end found myself shouting at the screen and walking off site feeling extremely angree.!!!

Okay wrant over andf feeling better ! Has anyone got a diarect line to the mothership and can help me sort this out as I really need to move on with some projects and need the upgrade.

I've tried my VDS forum details to log on but that did not work. ...

P.S
A phone number to call someone would been most useful and very surprising that the guys behind VDS haven't published one....

Andy - Teamgreentech

LiquidCode
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I think the site is dead, and I am surprised it is still up. I don't think any one of the owners even looks at the site, let alone take orders from it. Even though I use VDS every day and really wish that there were little elves still working on another version, VDS development is over. Sad
Teamgreentech
Valued Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi LiquidCode, so how do I get hold of a full licensed version then ?
I have downloaded the demo but that's of little use as I cannot compile the code.... Sad

Would the VDS5 be able to compile the code after it was developed in the vds 6 IDE ? (I think not but desperate) !!!

Thanks for your speedy reply mate....

LiquidCode wrote:
Unfortunately I think the site is dead, and I am surprised it is still up. I don't think any one of the owners even looks at the site, let alone take orders from it. Even though I use VDS every day and really wish that there were little elves still working on another version, VDS development is over. Sad

PGWARE
Web Host

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM me your email address and I'll forward it to the owner of VDS.

I tried visiting dialogscript.com and saw there is a way to recover a lost password: https://www.dialogscript.com/index.php?option=com_registration&task=lostPassword

I tried checking out without logging in and was greated with a nice certificate error - it seems it expired in February 2012.

Really should not require logging into buy a product, seems like a poor method to entice people to buy and an obstacle.

I really wish he would sell VDS to us but the last time we offered he wasn't willing to. Would love to improve the product and keep it going.
Garrett
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PK, maybe make him an offer again.
LiquidCode
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Garrett. Can't hurt to try again. I would LOVE to see VDS continue. I get goosebumps just thinking about it. Smile
Teamgreentech
Valued Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiquidCode wrote:
I agree with Garrett. Can't hurt to try again. I would LOVE to see VDS continue. I get goosebumps just thinking about it. Smile

Hear Hear ! Perhap we could colaborate. As a businessman in the UK I certain have ideas where VDS could be marketed extensive and I think could be turned intoa nice little money machine Wink

Just needs some entreprenerial commitment and savvy Wink

Boo
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

I agree wholeheartedly and would LOVE to see VDS continue! (In fact, I might be interested in investing some capital if anyone is interested in partnering.)

As I think I might have mentioned before, I recently decided to learn a new RAD language/IDE and decided upon LiveCode. I am currently working on several projects--and it will be nice to be able to compile to Windows AND Mac (not to mention to iOS and Android).

See: http://www.runrev.com

(And I am in no way affiliated with these folks; I am only a customer.) FYI: LiveCode is a well-maintained IDE that might serve you well as a replacement for VDS... It keeps improving and is getting better and better all the time! I am impressed and LOVE it.)

Cheers from Florida!

Keith "Boo" Long

Last edited by Boo on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
PGWARE
Web Host

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeamGreen I sent a message to the dialogscript owner, hopefully you'll hear back from him soon.

I don't see a buyout happening guys; he wanted over $1 million for it, and VDS doesnt make 1% of that in a year. The point was hes not willing to sell at any price. I just hope he can update the software in the future for those that still use it.

I've stopped using VDS years ago and moved to Delphi; then moved to visual studio (c# .net) for Windows/Windows Phone/Xbox; and XCode (objective-c) for iphone/ipad/Mac. I know those tools will be supported as they are made by the OS manufacturers.

It's a shame really, taking VDS and making it cross platform would not take that much work; especially since doing a realtime translation of the dialogscript syntax to other platforms would be fairly simple; then allowing the end user to compile the native code using xcode/visual studio.
Garrett
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! 1 Mil!!! Sad

That's just unrealistic for a price for the rights to VDS. At this point it's not even worth what Emmanuel paid for it.

As much as I like Emmanuel(he really is a great guy), I just wish he'd wake up and see that VDS is languishing to the point of extinction here and pass it over to someone who can revive it and move it forward.

I really don't do much of any programming anymore myself, mainly due to VDS not going anywhere. I just couldn't find anything else that really fills in for VDS.

As for Revolution/LiveCode. Well, it's good stuff for sure, I can't deny that, but the price of it is what will keep many from it. Unfortunately the 3.5.0 version I have is outdated and the the linux binaries it produces do not work on current linux systems Sad It costs just way to much for me to upgrade it.

Sooooooo... With VDS sucking in dust like a dead ghost town from the old west and everything else either costing too much or not living up to VDS, there's just no reason for me to do any programming.

Emmanuel... If you're reading this, please, it's time to let VDS go, let someone pick it up and give it life again. You did a great job with it, but as time moved on, so did your business needs and VDS has suffered.

marty
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Emmanuel... If you're reading this, please, it's time to let VDS go, let someone pick it up and give it life again. You did a great job with it, but as time moved on, so did your business needs and VDS has suffered.

100% agree with everyone here. I really do not see any reason for him to keep it if he does not intend to upgrade it or even support the sales for it. I also code in different languages, but VDS for me is a fast alternative.

Why..why... makes no sense. I would certainly pay for an upgrade. As I always been doing upgrades since version 4.

Martin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Max

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teamgreentech, if you successfully purchase the product, please post a reply here, cause I might be the next customer in line.

I dont need fancy programming language, just simple programming tool that I can understand and use daily. This tool meet my criteria but I just want to know whether any purchase sale will go through or not. Question

Ultimate version is out of reach for me Shocked , I'm going for lower version instead.

Thank you.
Teamgreentech
Valued Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do Max, I like you am not a strong programmer and use VDS because of it's wanderfull simplicity. I now use it daily and am getting stronger with every project.

I have not heard anything as yet and I suspect we may have lost out but finger crossed still that we hear back this week....

Max wrote:
Teamgreentech, if you successfully purchase the product, please post a reply here, cause I might be the next customer in line.

I dont need fancy programming language, just simple programming tool that I can understand and use daily. This tool meet my criteria but I just want to know whether any purchase sale will go through or not. Question

Ultimate version is out of reach for me Shocked , I'm going for lower version instead.

Thank you.

cnodnarb
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost certain his price has come down by now, let's not lose faith.

I would definitely be willing to invest some small amount of capital.

I do not feel the purchase of VDS at this point is worth more than 10k, but would not frown on going as high as 15k.

It would be best if the new owner (or the community) would create a GPL3 license for VDS upon acquisition for the continued growth thereof.

I would love to port VDS to Linux.

Brandon
Teamgreentech
Valued Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with all of your comments buddy. BTW still not heard anything so I guess upgrading to VDS 6 is now out of the question.
If he does not want to sell me a copy perhaps the question should be does anyone have a copy they would like to sell as they have moved on to some other platform.

Appreciate this might be seen as breach of copyright and piracy and I would not want that to be the case. But really if he's not interested then what the hell Wink

Stay in touch
Andy - Team Green Tech

cnodnarb wrote:
I'm almost certain his price has come down by now, let's not lose faith.

I would definitely be willing to invest some small amount of capital.

I do not feel the purchase of VDS at this point is worth more than 10k, but would not frown on going as high as 15k.

It would be best if the new owner (or the community) would create a GPL3 license for VDS upon acquisition for the continued growth thereof.

I would love to port VDS to Linux.

Brandon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: