forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VDS might be gone, but...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Garrett
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: VDS might be gone, but... Reply with quote

You know, I appreciate the VDS community even to this day. VDS might be dead but the community was always the heart of it all anyway, and even now, long after the death of VDS the community still shows it's heart by still being here and being helpful.

I recently revisited AutoIT to see if it could replace my need for VDS. It almost could do the job for me but when it comes to community, they might have the numbers but they don't have the maturity of the VDS community.

My last visit to AutoIT was 2008, so it's been a while. Needless to say I neglected to read the forum rules again since what I was working on wasn't anything out of the norm. I was setting up a hotkey app for an old game that has no online gaming ability. But it seems that's against their forum rules. Instead of simply pointing that out to me I get belittled and insulted. And that was from one of the forum moderators. I PM'd the mod back pointing out that he didn't need to hit me so hard over such a minor thing(at least in my eyes it was minor) and he replied back with simple ignorance.

I will not be revisiting AutoIT ever again. It had no problem catching hotkey input but it failed at sending keys to another window. But the biggest kicker was the tactless replies to my thread there and the presumptuous attitude of the moderator that I encountered.

Rarely did we ever treat anyone here like this. To this day I haven't found another language that could replace VDS, nor could I find a community to replace this community.

I appreciate what we had and what little we have left. Smile

Jerry'Co
Valued Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garrett, you said very friendly words - I felt it every time similarly Smile
Jerry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: