forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visual DialogShell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Other Product Support/Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregLand
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For information, the new version will mainly be dedicated to fixing bugs and compatibility with the latest OS.
cnodnarb
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

In the next week, I'll be putting back up the source code for Visual DialogShell. I had minor licensing concern from an open source contributor, that caused me to pull the code. That code section has been replaced.

I am currently somewhat removed from Visual DialogShell, this happend shortly after completion of the project, because my beloved video game City of Heroes came back from the grave and I've been working on code improvements/modifications etc. with a small group of contributors.

I will try to redirect some of my focus back to Visual DialogShell, but maybe don't get too involved with it until 2020 because support might be lacking.

Thanks,

Brandon
cnodnarb
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Source code for Visual DialogShell is now available at

https://github.com/brandoncomputer/vds

I sort of know that I'm more of a project starter than a project finisher.

Please feel free to fork this project, rebrand it, promote it, make money etc.

I will try to support the efforts as best I can.

dialogshell.com also likely won't last forever.

Thanks,

Brandon
Tommy
Admin Team

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Brandon, Emmanuel, GregLand and others! I briefly downloaded Brandon's files, it's still looking promising and with the source code available it can be a good self-supportable alternative to VDS.

For VDS itself, I'm not sure if the responsive website and Windows 10 support really are the most urgent issues with VDS. After all it would be unlikely that people are trying to do script programming right from their mobile phone. I think a better solution could be going 'back to basics', with for example:
- an actually available download executable for VDS, running on 64-bit and 32-bit Windows versions (see the attachment)
- possibility to always successfully purchase the product, possibly with help of a small site team for order fulfillment, like in the past
- short responses to questions within one week, even if it would only be an autoresponse pointing to purchasing options and a Frequently Asked Questions knowledge base
- an IDE that doesn't look cumbersome at initial launch, perhaps with a 'reset to defaults' button as well (for me the "Project Manager" pane always looks sloppy while collapsed and the toolbars don't look and feel quite right, see the second attachment with the find user interface controls not fitting the toolbar and a flickering animation during drag & dropping toolbars and panes)
- in VDS 6 and 5, I find it especially strange not be able to click the white rectangle and being able to start typing my script immediately (I needlessly need to click the New-button or even expand the File»New menu option), unlike in older more basic and effective versions, such as VDS 2
- maybe ever a Node.js based emulation layer for running scripts (not the IDE-development environment) on all computer systems/webbrowsers, such as Apple macOS and perhaps Linux?

In the meanwhile I did some small changes to VDSWORLD, with a brand 'new' VDS 6.0 logo being available for stamping script/extension uploads.

addertjes.com_vdsd.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.84 KB
 Viewed:  756 Time(s)

addertjes.com_vdsd.png

addertjes.com_vdsd_setup.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  115.79 KB
 Viewed:  762 Time(s)

addertjes.com_vdsd_setup.png

Tommy
Admin Team

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Greg,

It was absolutely not my intention to 'kill' this topic with my last post. Is there any chance we can revert to positive talk again into getting this new version on the road? You and Emmanuel collaborating a bit on a new VDS release gave me high hopes after all and is the best chance on VDS revival since ages. Very Happy

The sole reason for my posts on the front page and topic was to trigger action and make the site/topic look less pale by posting some images. Nice to see some new action in another (old) topic today as well.

Cheers Worship,
Tommy

GregLand wrote:
For information, the new version will mainly be dedicated to fixing bugs and compatibility with the latest OS.
GregLand
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Tommy.
Emmanuel has been very busy lately, and at the moment I could only test the version of Dialog Designer.
I haven't found any bugs on it yet.
The bug of the tables, fonts and font sizes... all this is fixed.

I'm looking forward to vds.exe, I currently only have a Beta version (which doesn't allow compiling) so it's difficult for me to test just because I can't test it in "production".

I'm also very excited to see this software upgrade to version 7 with big modifications, but we're not there yet Wink

No news of Emmanuel since March 18...
PGWARE
Web Host

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news Greg! I hope Emmanuel is doing well. Look forward to a new version of VDS.
Tommy
Admin Team

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Greg, very exciting news about that beta! And who knows Emmanual would jump into this topic once again when the time is right. And even a small update paves the way for bigger ones, I guess Smile
cnodnarb
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's going to be a new version of VDS, I hope it happens soon!

Right now I'm using various RPA tools for the company I work for (including DialogShell, but not much, and only in powershell form), I would absolutely love to be able to pitch VDS as a solution. The ability to think about problems in a solution I am natively fluent in would be a huge advantage.
GregLand
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope so, too. It is expected to arrive this year, but it all depends on whether Emmanuel has time to finalize it.

I've been working with VDS every day for over 15 years. This is an indispensable program for me.

For the first time this update will not bring any new features, only bug fixes and adaptations for Windows 10.

I hope that the support of the x64 architecture will arrive quickly.
cnodnarb
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The past couple of weeks I've taken an avid interest in this project.

New functions include XML handling, encryption, Internet Explorer full automation (eternium) amoung other improvements.

I want to build a ton of simple to make wizards, and apparently this is going to stay a passion weather or not it gets traction.

I'm new to github, and I don't know how to manage pull request etc. but I'm willing to learn.

If you'd like, you can help me expand upon this project.

The vision at this point is to add RPA methodology and wizards, maybe even client server relationships for automation, while still maintaining this as a code editor and not a flow/sequence/state machine editor.
cnodnarb
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visual DialogShell Updates:

Finished framework for Wizard Builds
Finished DialogShell Designer, now saves and loads forms, handles menus and toolstrips
Created lexicon based context menu swap framework, 'Contextual Select Framework'
Created Window Spy (currently a ds1 example)
Created plugin framework, first plugin
All images and dynamic link libraries now have a web stream version
Various bug fixes.

At this point this project is ready to support users/testers.

Barring remaining unknown bugs, other than improving and expanding the plugin framework, the wizard framework and the context select framework, this would be suited for a 1.0 release and is within scope to support.

I just typed above, however I am considering changing the dsproj format to associate forms. So that will probably be in 1.0 as well, so let's add 'and minor enhancements'

[edit 2]
Tons of work done. Hotkeys! GUI is able to edit Form Properties in the designer now.
Working on associating forms in dsproj files, and loading/selecting them within designer.
Soon, with one command a streaming IDE will be available on any Windows 10 computer connected to the internet. This streaming IDE will allow you to create and debug scripts (granted with the IDE frozen classic style) but will not allow for compilation. It'll be great for trying the newest version without installing, or using from work etc.
cnodnarb
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please try this command on your useful rectangle.

powershell iex (iwr https://dialogshell.com/vds-ide/vds-stream.ds1)

Let me know if it worked, and if you are suitably amazed.
cnodnarb
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tons of work to futureproof this project has now been performed. That's basically the main update for this week. Wizards/Contextual Framework in same state.

If you'd like, also download/install Powershell 7 and run this command:

pwsh -command iex (iwr https://dialogshell.com/vds-ide/vds-stream.ds1)
cnodnarb
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 1.0 is slated for release in January.

If you were to jump in and start learning now, that would be good.

I've started reaching out to the pwsh community, and I'm doing some SEO stuff. I might start to do social media as well.

Gotta tell you, my forum software keeps getting hijacked/hacked etc. I'm blown away that VDSWORLD has been up for so long! Granted I really suck at managing forum software, might just be the timing wasn't right and I need to revisit.

Honestly this project is a lot like trying to start a fire after three days of rain. There are a ton of other devolopment projects / form designers etc. nowadays, and with Visual Studio Community Edition being free, man. Rough times. Theres even a exeption in one version where you don't need any additional license for distributing (don't know if that carried to later versions).

Anyway, regardless of your interest level, wish me luck. I'm going for it.

https://dialogshell.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Other Product Support/Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: