forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gadget updates...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Other Product Support/Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 4:19 pm    Post subject: Gadget updates... Reply with quote

Hi All,
I am sorry I have been so quite as of late. I have been busy building new examples for my Gadget.dll so I wanted to give you a quick update as to what examples you can expect to see soon. Several examples showing you how to add different elements from the Windows common control DLL (like...ListView's with images, TreeView's with images, Multi-Select Listboxes, More GDI examples, and a few other surprises). An example of how to use Gadget with the zLib.dll to compress and decompress files and strings. An example of how to use a resource only DLL with Gadget. The source code of the resource only DLL will be posted with this example. A few other custom DLL's that I have built and how to make use of them with Gadget, (one of the custom DLL's is prob. the worlds smallest Icon/Bitmap editor) Wink . Anyway I figured you guys could use a few more examples to help lower the learning curve for Gadget a little bit. I will be uploading each new example as they are finished so keep checking the website
http://dragonsphere.vdsworld.com

Give VDS a new purpose!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hortalonus
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Smile

Glad to see you haven't dropped off the face of the earth. Wink
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all I just thought everyone might be interested in checking out some of the new updates to the Gadget Software package. I have been very hard at work make new examples and adding new features to Gadget. There are many more coming but these are just a few of them. Check out the web-site at http://dragonsphere.vdsworld.com to see what is now possible with the Gadget.dll Wink I think you will be pleased with the updates and the new examples.

Give VDS a new purpose!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
Well Tommy informed me yesturday of a problem with the EnumWindows.dsc example. This problem is being worked so for now please be aware that there is a problem with the Callback command and functions in Gadget.... Well that part of Gadget is very beta and actually it prob. should not work anyway. It seems to work under Win9x but not under Win2k and above. I am unsure if it works under Windows NT or not.

Thank you Tommy for letting me know. I hope to have this fixed by the end of the week but I am not sure exactly when.

Give VDS a new purpose!
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
Well I cannot figure out why the EnumWindows.dsc example does not work under Win2k Crying or Very sad It would have made a very awesome and powerful feature in Gadget. I am going to leave the commands and functions for this in Gadget but please until I figure out a fix or workaround don't use these. After all the Callback commands and functions was experimental to see if I could do this. Anyway these commands and functions are isolated and will not affect the others in the DLL. Besides this is a very advanced item and most of which I am still learning myself. So for now have fun with the rest of the examples Very Happy

Give VDS a new purpose!
FreezingFire
Admin Team

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnumWindows.dsc doesn't work for me on Windows XP Professional.

Also, is there a way of getting around having to click OK on the demonstration
message boxes over 498 times on the ListView.dsc example and
ones similiar to it?

Maybe it could be made so I only have to press OK 30 times before it will
load?

Garrett
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?? You don't find adventure in that?? Heheheheheheee Wink

-Garrett
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anoying isn't it? Wink Well I guess you could Registure the DLL and those message boxes would go away. Actually the reason there are so many is because those examples use the memory functions to allocate strings for the Item text in the List's. I know this is overkill but the memory functions are the most powerful part to Gadget... If you have put as much time and effort into a program of yours as I have into this one then you would understand the need for this Very Happy I have invested several years into the development of this little DLL and I don't want some jerk stealing it and trying to pose it as their own.

Give VDS a new purpose!
ShinobiSoft
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried several times to register the Gadget.dll through PayPal and they claim that you have an unverified account. I even waited 4 days before canceling my order. Any reason for this? Confused

"The way is known to all, but not all know it."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also point the Commands and functions to a directory that does not have so many Icon's in it and the number of messages would decrease Wink

Give VDS a new purpose!
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bweckel,
I just logged into my PayPal account and it says it is verified? Also I don't show any orders from you? When was the last time that you tried to order? Also why didn't you just send me an email? My site on vdsworld.com has a link to email me?

Give VDS a new purpose!
ShinobiSoft
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is most of what I get when I log into PayPal with my username and password to register your dll:

Code:

You're Almost Done!

Check these details and click the "Pay" button to complete your payment.

Pay To:
 dragon_sphere@attbi.com 
User Status:
 This recipient is not yet registered. PayPal will send an email to the recipient explaining how to open an account and receive your transaction.   
Payment For: 
 Gadget.dll   

Quantity:
Currency:
 U.S. Dollars   
Amount: 
 $24.99 

Source of Funds 

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
Just to prove that my PayPal account is verified go here https://www.paypal.com/verified/pal=dragon_sphere%40vdsworld.com

Give VDS a new purpose!
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oopps I see the problem...Let me check my links on my webpage;-)

Give VDS a new purpose!
ShinobiSoft
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not asking for proof that you are verified. I was just explaining what had happened to me. I just ordered the dll again!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Other Product Support/Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: