forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another great programmer hangout

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Garrett
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 8:14 am    Post subject: Another great programmer hangout Reply with quote

Not so long ago, another VDS/LB programmer pointed me to a site that was just kind of starting out in life online. I dropped by this site and actually liked it greatly.

The site is aimed at the hobbiest programmer, and for several different langauges. It is a great place to discuss not only your favorite programming language, but join in on a few others. If you're like me, then you might have interest in other languages, and at this new site you can meet and discuss these different languages.

You can also just hangout and maybe just discuss programming in general with others.

I'm not saying use this new site in lieu of VDS World here.... But maybe make use of both of them. Or just drop by this new site and say hello now and then.

There is a forum there now for VDS also.

The site is still rather new, so it's not teaming with programmers from all over yet, but there are a few people that are regulars there now, including myself.

At least take a looksie and see if it's something you'd use, and if not, maybe you know someone else who might have use for a site like it.

http://development4life.net/

The author is from Norway, and his English is still a bit off, so I've been helping him clean up the grammar and spelling.. So if you see any errors, go easy on him. He's trying his best.

marty
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Garett!

It's going to be a great site I hope.

It made me realize that there's other alternatives based on the BASIC language. I tried a couple of other tools this morning and some of them are really good, like RapidQ, PureBasic, BlitzBasic, etc... Of course I won't start learning these other languages for now, at least not until I'm finished with my personnal project huilt on VDS Laughing . Most of the features of these tools are already in VDS or available as extensions.

Have a good day... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: