forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VDS Menu's
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Other Product Support/Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2002 6:07 pm    Post subject: VDS Menu's Reply with quote

Hi All,
I wish VDS menus had bitmaps or at least the ability to show a check mark.... Oh wait I just added this to a VDS DLL of mine Wink Anyway everyone be looking for this DLL... It will be posted soon....

Give VDS a new purpose!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Garrett
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhhh! Oh! OH! OhhhhhHHHHHHhhhhhhhHHHHH!!!!!! Wonderful! And just by chance did you add the ability to have submenus?? You know, with the arrow? Very Happy
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Garrett,
Ok since you twisted my arm about it... I will add in submenu support... You big baby Wink I have the check marks working just fine... I should have the little bitmap on the side of the item text coded tomorrow and then I will add in the submenu support.... BTW the bitmaps will allow you to have two bitmaps for checked and unchecked views.... I am also adding in enable and disable support plus the ability to add and remove items from the menu and/or the whole menu itself if I can get that to work.... VDS controls are a little funny the way they are put on the VDS window. Anyway I plan for this DLL to enhance many of the built-in controls of VDS. I have seen most people out there build DLL's to add controls but I think this one is going to enhance the controls we already have.... Like this DLL can already paint the background of the VDS window to another color without changing the color of any of the controls themselves. Also it can tell you which control on the system has the focus and returns the windows handle for that control. Lets just say it will have lots of abilities and it is only about 12kb in size Smile It may grow a little bigger but not much....

Give VDS a new purpose!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Garrett
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if you're planning on selling that dll or not, but either way, I'll give you a few bucks just for your time and efforts making that dll... This menu stuff is one of the most needed things for me in VDS and I've been waiting for years for someone to do this!

You just say the word, and I'll jump in paypal or where ever you want the moola sent too.

Henrik
Valued Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 12:09 am    Post subject: Multiple select listbox and DLL C++ Tutorial Reply with quote

Hi Mindpower !

Great about your new DLL !!!

I must say that one of the things that has been on my wish list for years is a multiple select listbox that gives you the selected items in a list or string like this: ITEM 1|ITEM2|ITEM3 etc.

Do you thing you could also implement this, and I would be more than happy to sponser a few dollars as well

Keep up the good work !

By the way, does anyone have a better tutorial on creating VDS DLLs in Visual C++ as I am just brushing up on my C knowledge. I have already checked out the tutorial by Mike Cherry but it is basically nothing more than a short example ?

Thanks !

Henrik

laurent_H
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mindpower,

Can you make a tutorial about the creation of new element in VDS ?

MFC is it the way ?
I want to learn but I can't no enough guides to create dll in vds Wink

So can you help me and others who wants to learn ?

vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
Yes multi-select list boxes is something that I have wanted in VDS for years too:-) So yes you will see that as well in my DLL in a future release. I just wanted to get this DLL out before I add anymore or I will be sitting here coding forever and never get anything posted.
Now for an update on the DLL... First of all it is a gadget DLL. What does that mean, you ask? Well it will have lots of gadgets in it. All kinds of things to enhance the VDS we already know and love. As I develop my applications I will add what ever I need to this DLL until it gets too big then I will think of something else but for now it is only about 17kb and has a lot of support for VDS menus, form level stuff, and some math functions.
Idea For an update on the menu part of the DLL... The menu commands and functions minuplate the existing VDS menus. I decided not to put out my own menu control but rather add to the existing one. So far here is what I have added.... It can get the windows handles to all menus, Check/UnCheck Item support, Radio Check/UnCheck support, Enable/Disable/Grayed item support, determine Checked state of item,and last but not least Submenu support.
As for everyones questions about how to build VDS Dll's with C/C++ please send me a private message and we will discuss it there... Until next time we meet again, Holy super coding batman Wink

Give VDS a new purpose!
Garrett
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mindpower, if I shave my hairy chest, paste some plastic boobs on... Can I marry you? Laughing
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardi har har Wink Garrett your so funny.... Anyway just to let you know also. To make submenus with my DLL it only takes 3 lines of code Cool

Give VDS a new purpose!
easy rider
Valued Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi mindpower

i'm still waiting for that dll.

rene
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Garrett
Moderator Team

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shhhhhhhhhh.... Don't rush him! I want to make sure he takes his time and gets it all right and doesn't burn out making it.

-Garrett

vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
Ok here is another update... I reworked my gadget DLL's syntax and now the syntax is far more straight forward. Here is a list of commands and functions todate. This is all I am adding in this release. After this release I will take requests for new additions and fixes if there are any.

List of commands in my Gadget DLL.

Gadget SetCaret -> (move to client pos, move to screen pos, custom (ie...size, grayed, and set as a *.bmp file). This is the little blinking cursor that you see in edit boxes for those out there that don't know the name of it Wink )

Gadget SetMenu -> (itemstate (ie...check/uncheck/radiocheck, enable/disable/grayed, default, show/hide/delete), make sub menus, make popup menus, and add *.bmp files to any menu item even popup menu items.)

Gadget SetWin -> (state (ie...Ontop/NotOntop), background (ie...as solid color, Gradient filled, transparent, and Shaped to a *.bmp file.))

Gadget SetStatus -> (adds multiple panels to a VDS status bar element. Documentation will include examples of how to add text and remove text from any of the panels using the VDS @Sendmsg() function.)

List of functions in my Gadget DLL file.

@Gadget(GetCaret) -> (returns client pos or screen pos of the Caret. This is the little blinking cursor that you see in edit boxes for those out there that don't know the name of it Wink )

@Gadget(GetFocus) -> (returns the windows handle that has the focus. This does not work with the VDS BITMAP element or the VDS TEXT element. I think that VDS blits those straight to the dialog and they are not actual windows 32bit controls, but for all other elements this should return a windows handle. )

@Gadget(MakeLong) -> (This will take two numbers and make them into a Long integer. I wrote this for use with VDS's @Sendmsg() function.)

@Gadget(MakeWord) -> (This will take two numbers and make them into a C Word value. I wrote this for use with VDS's @Sendmsg() function.)

@Gadget(HiWord) -> (takes a C Word value and returns the high order bits of that word value. I wrote this for use with VDS's @Sendmsg() function.)

@Gadget(LoWord) -> (takes a C Word value and returns the low order bits of that word value. I wrote this for use with VDS's @Sendmsg() function.)

@Gadget(HiByte) -> (takes a C integer value and returns the High order bytes of that value. I wrote this for use with VDS's @Sendmsg() function.)

@Gadget(LoByte) -> (takes a C integer value and returns the Low order bytes of that value. I wrote this for use with VDS's @Sendmsg() function.)

@Gadget(GetMenu) -> (Returns menu handles for all menu types (ie...System Menu, Menu Bar, and Sub Menus), returns item states (ie...checked/unchecked, grayed/enabled/disabled, and the default item), and returns the number of items in a menu or sub menu.)

@Gadget(EditBox) -> (Only tells your program if that edit box can paste or not. I use it for edit boxes that are set as readonly.)

@Gadget(GetDC) -> (Returns the Device Context handle for a control or window. Can be used in some of the Windows messages sent by the VDS function @Sendmsg().)

@Gadget(GetWindowDC) -> (Returns the Device Context handle for the control or window. Can be used in some of the Windows messages sent by the VDS function @Sendmsg().)

@Gadget(ReleaseDC) -> (Releases the Device Context handle for a control or window. Can be used in some of the Windows messages sent by the VDS function @Sendmsg().)

Ok that is all the commands and functions that I have put into this DLL. The DLL is now at about 28kb in size and I am very tired but I hope that you will find some of its abilities useful. I am building the Help documentation for it now and I hope to have this completed soon. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to give this update to help soothe some of you out there that is really wanting this DLL. This way if you have deadlines that you are trying to meet and you are depending on this DLL being released you will know where I stand on this DLL and to let everyone out there know what abilities it has.

Thank you all for your patients and comments/request....

Give VDS a new purpose!
marty
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that's going to be another good DLL to have! What I like it's the seize too 28K that's great!

Great job...!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MondoNuovo
Valued Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi mindpower,
when he is available the DLL?
hi Daniele
vdsalchemist
Admin Team

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MondoNuovo,
My DLL should be ready by the end of this week-end or the first of next week. I am building the documentation now. I am going to be sending it to my beta testers to test it this week-end. On Monday I will let everyone know how the beta testing went Very Happy

Give VDS a new purpose!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Other Product Support/Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: