forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visual DialogShell
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Other Product Support/Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregLand
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For information, the new version will mainly be dedicated to fixing bugs and compatibility with the latest OS.
cnodnarb
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

In the next week, I'll be putting back up the source code for Visual DialogShell. I had minor licensing concern from an open source contributor, that caused me to pull the code. That code section has been replaced.

I am currently somewhat removed from Visual DialogShell, this happend shortly after completion of the project, because my beloved video game City of Heroes came back from the grave and I've been working on code improvements/modifications etc. with a small group of contributors.

I will try to redirect some of my focus back to Visual DialogShell, but maybe don't get too involved with it until 2020 because support might be lacking.

Thanks,

Brandon
cnodnarb
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Source code for Visual DialogShell is now available at

https://github.com/brandoncomputer/vds

I sort of know that I'm more of a project starter than a project finisher.

Please feel free to fork this project, rebrand it, promote it, make money etc.

I will try to support the efforts as best I can.

dialogshell.com also likely won't last forever.

Thanks,

Brandon
Tommy
Admin Team

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Brandon, Emmanuel, GregLand and others! I briefly downloaded Brandon's files, it's still looking promising and with the source code available it can be a good self-supportable alternative to VDS.

For VDS itself, I'm not sure if the responsive website and Windows 10 support really are the most urgent issues with VDS. After all it would be unlikely that people are trying to do script programming right from their mobile phone. I think a better solution could be going 'back to basics', with for example:
- an actually available download executable for VDS, running on 64-bit and 32-bit Windows versions (see the attachment)
- possibility to always successfully purchase the product, possibly with help of a small site team for order fulfillment, like in the past
- short responses to questions within one week, even if it would only be an autoresponse pointing to purchasing options and a Frequently Asked Questions knowledge base
- an IDE that doesn't look cumbersome at initial launch, perhaps with a 'reset to defaults' button as well (for me the "Project Manager" pane always looks sloppy while collapsed and the toolbars don't look and feel quite right, see the second attachment with the find user interface controls not fitting the toolbar and a flickering animation during drag & dropping toolbars and panes)
- in VDS 6 and 5, I find it especially strange not be able to click the white rectangle and being able to start typing my script immediately (I needlessly need to click the New-button or even expand the File┬╗New menu option), unlike in older more basic and effective versions, such as VDS 2
- maybe ever a Node.js based emulation layer for running scripts (not the IDE-development environment) on all computer systems/webbrowsers, such as Apple macOS and perhaps Linux?

In the meanwhile I did some small changes to VDSWORLD, with a brand 'new' VDS 6.0 logo being available for stamping script/extension uploads.

addertjes.com_vdsd.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.84 KB
 Viewed:  30 Time(s)

addertjes.com_vdsd.png

addertjes.com_vdsd_setup.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  115.79 KB
 Viewed:  31 Time(s)

addertjes.com_vdsd_setup.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Other Product Support/Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: